Titans CB Kevin Johnson retires

TheKillerNacho

part of it is likely that we drafted two corners in the first three rounds and they're very likely to be above him on the depth chart before the season even starts. he'd be scrapping for the #5 CB job at this point and i guess he didn't want to.

8 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Having just signed with the Titans in March after spending the the last two seasons with the Browns and Bills, it's a bit unclear as to why he's retiring.

Johnson had some significant injuries while in Houston - two major concussions, a broken foot, shoulder dislocations, broken ribs - and that trend continued outside of Houston with a lacerated kidney and a torn MCL. His body was pretty much broken over the past five seasons.

I'm sort of glad he's done, his concussions were really scary when they happened - fencing response sort of KOs where he was unresponsive. He shouldn't risk any more of 'em.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, ET80 said:

Johnson had some significant injuries while in Houston - two major concussions, a broken foot, shoulder dislocations, broken ribs - and that trend continued outside of Houston with a lacerated kidney and a torn MCL. His body was pretty much broken over the past five seasons.

I'm sort of glad he's done, his concussions were really scary when they happened - fencing response sort of KOs where he was unresponsive. He shouldn't risk any more of 'em.

He has terrible tackling when I watched him for the browns, got his head in the way a lot.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He has terrible tackling when I watched him for the browns, got his head in the way a lot.

Oh yeah, for sure - had horrible form all around, put himself in harm's way more than you'd like to see.