West Conference Finals: (4) Clippers vs. Suns (2)

TheRealMcCoy

Who is going to the Finals?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be _____________ in ____ .....

• Clippers in 4
    • Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7
    • Suns in 4
    • Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/20/2021 at 08:30 PM

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Suns are likely going to be paying Ayton, Booker, CP3, and Bridges a combined $120M+ in 2022/2023 and 2023/2024. 

They can't miss this opportunity.

Injury luck or not. They here. Take advantage.

Edit: Same goes for the Bucks though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Will be interesting to see what Payne and Reggie get on the open market.

The only 8 teams even projected to have cap space heading into the offseason are the Knicks, Spurs, Thunder, Mavericks, Raptors, Grizzles, Heat, and Hornets. I've seen some rumors that the Knicks could offer Ball a big deal but if the Pelicans match it they could pivot and look to sign Payne. 

Payne's only 27 but he averaged 8 ppg/4 apg on 48% FG in the regular season and is averaging 11 ppg/4 apg on 42% in the playoffs, I could see a team like the Knicks giving him a pretty solid deal. 

Reggie has been excellent in the playoffs but he'll be 32 next year and we've already seen how he produced on a big deal during his time in Detroit. He'll get a pay raise, possibly from a team like the Mavericks, but I don't think it'll be anything crazy. Maybe like a 2 yr/$20M deal. 

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They can't miss this opportunity.

Injury luck or not. They here. Take advantage.

Edit: Same goes for the Bucks though.

Paul has stayed healthy and been an All-Star the last two years. Just have to pray he can continue to do the same as he approaches 40.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:31 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Take: Clippers have got screwed with this scheduling. They haven't had 2 days rest in a row since between games 4 and 5 against the Mavericks and they won't get 2 days rest in a row until the NBA Finals... IF they make it and that's a pretty big ask, especially without Ibaka and now Kawhi it looks like. They'll have played games 5, 6, and 7 against the Mavs, then games 1 to 6 against Utah and now games 1 to whatever against Phoenix with only 1 day in between. That's absolutely nuts.

Yes, I already know some will say that if they wanted some rest they shouldn't have ever let the Mavericks series go 7 games. That is true. But, they couldn't get at least one 2 day rest in the series with Utah? Seriously? I mean I just peeped some other schedules from the semis like the Sixers/Hawks and Nets/Bucks... both of those had 2 instances of a couple days rest between games. The teams in the East had two days rest between games 2 to 3 and 3 to 4. Like forget about two instances of 2 games rest. I don't get how the teams in the west couldn't get at least a single two game rest in their series. 

Bottom line: It always comes down to money though. The NBA is gonna start the Clippers/Suns early regardless or not if its fair to L.A., because those weekend games are valuable and they wanna sneak in the first game of the series on the weekend when it will probably have the most eyeballs. I get it, but its messed up from a Clippers perspective. Also, the Suns definitely earned their rest after beating the Lakers and Nuggets in 6 and 5 games respectively. Kudos to them for ensuring they got as much rest as possible. It's just crazy to me that the East teams both had 2 instances of two days rest for both of their series  in the Semis and they'll get another two day (minimum) rest before their Eastern Conference Finals and both those series are going the full 7 games. Whoever wins out of Bucks or Nets will have 3 days off before the game on Wednesday and Hawks or Clippers will have 2 days.

That scheduling got them stressed even after a big win lol. I can't even blame them.

Suns gotta come out with the energy and not give them hope in the first half of game 6.

Clippers up 10 after the 1st definitely put the battery in their back.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reggie has been excellent in the playoffs but he'll be 32 next year and we've already seen how he produced on a big deal during his time in Detroit.

Lue has got Reggie playing way more serious than he did back then.

I also don't put too much stock into how guys do playing for teams that are in the gutter.

If I'm not a team with a chance of contending I'm definitely not giving Reggie money. The Mavs like you mentioned I can see.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lue has got Reggie playing way more serious than he did back then.

I also don't put too much stock into how guys do playing for teams that are in the gutter.

If I'm not a team with a chance of contending I'm definitely not giving Reggie money. The Mavs like you mentioned I can see.

But bad teams overpaying guys like Reggie/Payne who were good complimentary pieces on great teams, and meh on bad teams, is one of the ways you continue to stay bad. Other then the Mavericks the only other team I could see giving Reggie a pretty nice deal would be the Heat, possibly the Knicks, but I assume they'll go after someone younger like Lonzo. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna predict Suns take game 6. 

Just not sure how much longer the Clippers can keep this up with the amount of bodies they got out there.

Hope I'm wrong though and they hit their shots again (10% better from the field than the PHX tn) and CP3 slows down the pace enough to not gas them more than they already are.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm gonna predict Suns take game 6. 

Just not sure how much longer the Clippers can keep this up with the amount of bodies they got out there.

Hope I'm wrong though and they hit their shots again (10% better from the field than the PHX tn) and CP3 slows down the pace enough to not gas them more than they already are.

Clippers have one of the deeper rosters in the league, if they can slow down Ayton again I think they'll force a game 7.

The Clippers have done a good job of making Paul's life hell. In the 3 games he has been back he's shooting 31% FG and 9% 3FG. They've also done a good job of slowing down Booker, for the series he's shooting 37% FG and 31% 3FG. And other than his crazy game 1, over the last 4 he's shooting 33% FG and 28% 3FG. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Clippers have done a good job of making Paul's life hell. In the 3 games he has been back he's shooting 31% FG and 9% 3FG. They've also done a good job of slowing down Booker, for the series he's shooting 37% FG and 31% 3FG. And other than his crazy game 1, over the last 4 he's shooting 33% FG and 28% 3FG. 

I miss Campazzo