WFT Extends Logan Thomas

HTTRDynasty

On 7/27/2021 at 1:26 PM, e16bball said:

Curious to know whether they tore up the remaining year of the previous contract (at $3.6M) or if this extension will just kick in following this season. 

In either case, it is indeed kind of a shrug for me. I’m just not sure they had to jump in with an extension at this point. I would have liked to see it play out a little bit more. Can he stay healthy? Can the blocking continue to take steps forward? Can he be more efficient and make more plays down the field? We’re talking about a guy who was 35th among TEs (with at least 30 targets) in yards per target. That’s not a “we need to extend you right now” level of production, at least in my book. 

If he has another year similar to last year - his price is going to skyrocket next March & we’d have to compete with other teams to re-sign him if we wanted to. I’m glad we got out in front for once on re-signing a guy.

As @bigdog44said, they must feel that QB play had a lot to do with why he didn’t make that many plays downfield. He caught a lot of balls 5 yards downfield or even closer last year. Hopefully with Fitz, Logan can make more plays downfield this year.

Edited by turtle28