2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Branham and you guys need more wing scoring, I think he'd pair well with Garland. How does Liddell fit with Lauri, Allen, and Mobley?

We need a small forward. We already have Caris, Collin, and Okoro. Okoro is a 2 that we need to continue to develop. Branham is just another Caris. If we are going to get a 2 go up and get Maurhrin or Davis. Solve the problem and then that truly Demotes Okoro to a bench role. 

Id rather continue to develop Okoro and hope he can become a starting level player. 

Liddell I see as a backup SF to start. He would be exactly what we need as someone who can play the 3-4 depending on the matchup. Think Draymond. 

small ball he can play the 4 next to Mobley. Big ball he can play the 4 with Allen at the 5 and Lauri at the 3 for example. 

Liddell can dribble, rebound, shoot the 3 and defend multiple positions. He’s a Swiss army knife out there. And he’s a bucket. 

6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

NBAdraft.net got Chet falling to 6.  They wildin.  

Edit: Just saw they got Keegan Murray going pick 3.  Yeah ok

Man I’m not a believe in Chet. I’m definitely not taking him over Paolo or Jabari. Never. 

I can’t see that happening unless OKc just had a glaring need at center. 

I could see Chet dropping out the top 3. He’s just sooooooo skinny man. I can’t take him over Paolo or Jabari. 

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

We need a small forward. We already have Caris, Collin, and Okoro. Okoro is a 2 that we need to continue to develop. Branham is just another Caris. If we are going to get a 2 go up and get Maurhrin or Davis. Solve the problem and then that truly Demotes Okoro to a bench role. 

Id rather continue to develop Okoro and hope he can become a starting level player. 

Liddell I see as a backup SF to start. He would be exactly what we need as someone who can play the 3-4 depending on the matchup. Think Draymond. 

small ball he can play the 4 next to Mobley. Big ball he can play the 4 with Allen at the 5 and Lauri at the 3 for example. 

Liddell can dribble, rebound, shoot the 3 and defend multiple positions. He’s a Swiss army knife out there. And he’s a bucket. 

I personally view Okoro as a SF, he's pretty limited as a scorer, creator, playmaker, and shooter. I also don't think Levert is in your long term plans but could be wrong. And Sexton isn't a great fit next to Garland plus he's a free agent. 

I also view Mathurin as a 3, he's just so limited as a creator and in the half court. Davis would be a solid fit too though.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I could see Chet dropping out the top 3. He’s just sooooooo skinny man. I can’t take him over Paolo or Jabari. 

There's absolutely no chance that he drops out of the top 3, his defensive versatility/rim protection and ability to space the floor will get him drafted highly. Evan Mobley isn't the biggest guy and look what he was able to do.

Okoro is a big nothing burger. Caris is someone you can't rely on to stay healthy and Sexton could be on the outs. Branham is an ideal partner next to Garland. He can score and he's got the frame to get up to 215-220 if he wants it. 

• Like 1

Bucks need to make a play to grab a few 2nd round picks. This is a deep enough draft that we could land potential role players out of those picks. I'd try to keep 24 but I could see some cost saving moves where we'd trade 24 to Orlando for 32 and 35. I'd try to buy a 2nd from any of the teams that have multiple picks in this draft (OKC, SAS, CLE, MIN) and land some youth. We desperately need it.

I'll be pretty pissed if we don't find a way to land an additional pick or two.

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Okoro is a big nothing burger. Caris is someone you can't rely on to stay healthy and Sexton could be on the outs. Branham is an ideal partner next to Garland. He can score and he's got the frame to get up to 215-220 if he wants it. 

Okoro is only 21 years old. We don’t know what he is yet. It’s plenty of player in the draft coming out older than Okoro is right now.

He’s probably never going to be 20ppg, but I could see him averaging 12-14 with strong defense. If we get a SF who can score then Okoro could be a strong defensive option on the starting lineup. 

at 6’5 he’s not going to be a 3 so we can take that out. 

Just now, brownie man said:

Okoro is only 21 years old. We don’t know what he is yet. It’s plenty of player in the draft coming out older than Okoro is right now.

He’s probably never going to be 20ppg, but I could see him averaging 12-14 with strong defense. If we get a SF who can score then Okoro could be a strong defensive option on the starting lineup. 

at 6’5 he’s not going to be a 3 so we can take that out. 

Okoro isn't someone you use as a reason to pass on a more talented player. That's why he's a nothing burger. His offensive abilities are limited or he's just too damn passive to ever be a good offensive player. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Okoro isn't someone you use as a reason to pass on a more talented player. That's why he's a nothing burger. His offensive abilities are limited or he's just too damn passive to ever be a good offensive player. 

I don’t think you understand how much we need a longer wing. Look at our roster we literally have no one between 6’6 and 6’10 that can play on the wing. 

It’s not that I’m opposed to upgrading over Okoro, but not over the huge need we have at the 3/4. We need a guy to be able to guard Tatum, Brown, Butler, Gianni, KD on the wing. 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think you understand how much we need a longer wing. Look at our roster we literally have no one between 6’6 and 6’10 that can play on the wing. 

It’s not that I’m opposed to upgrading over Okoro, but not over the huge need we have at the 3/4. We need a guy to be able to guard Tatum, Brown, Butler, Gianni, KD on the wing. 

I'm not talking about just Branham, my dude. Using Okoro for any reason to defend against a pick is a big nothing burger. Regardless, Branham's 19 and he's already almost 6'6" in shoes with a 6'10" wingspan. He has more than enough size in the modern NBA for the wing. He's not ready to defend yet but not many rookies are.

Eason's fine but he's not really a 3 and not really a fit with Allen and Mobley. Sign a veteran wing.

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eason's fine but he's not really a 3 and not really a fit with Allen and Mobley. Sign a veteran wing.

I disagree. I think Eason will evolve into a 3 just like Kawhi did. Not saying he’ll be Kawhi of course but they’re size is extremely similar and I think he can make the transition from the 4 to the 3. 

and sign a vet wing like who and with what money? Cavs don’t have money to spend 😂 

so many fans act like it’s easy to find a small forward. It’s literally the toughest position to find in the nba. In sports it’s damn near if not 2nd to a starting QB in most difficult position to obtain. Finding a legitimate 3 is the toughest thing to do in the nba. No position is harder to find than a starting caliber small forward.

You tell me in this FA class who the Cavs could get and actually afford that’s out there?  There’s nobody legit bro. We have to find a SF in the draft and I’m 99% sure we’re going to go that position over a 2 guard at 14.  

Edited by brownie man