2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Tatum Lebron Kawhi Butler are all SFs and Luke depending on the matchup plays the 3 on the court often. Giannis is also played SF a ton in his career. Look at the metrics 

Giannis hasn't played SF in like 7 years lmao. I'm a Bucks fan, my guy. Giannis is a 4/5. 

Regardless, the NBA is basically positionless. This idea that you need to draft a dude because he's a SF is pretty archaic thinking. Take the talent and go from there. Branham is 19 and he's almost 6'6" with a 6'10" span and room to grow. He can play the wing in this league.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Branham to me seems like the perfect fit next to Garland.

The only thing that I can see being an issue is backcourt defense but you have Mobley and Allen behind them plus a 3&D wing or Okoro playing the other spot. 

Branham's skillset is ideal for the modern NBA. I think he can be a go-to scorer with an NBA S&T program. He's not overly athletic but he can hit contested shots, which is a desired trait in the NBA. The only wing that'll likely be drafted behind him that I see having a higher ceiling but a much, much lower floor is Bryce McGowens.

Edited by beekay414

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Branham to me seems like the perfect fit next to Garland.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2022/06/2022-nba-draft-tari-eason-could-help-cleveland-cavaliers-form-menacing-defensive-frontcourt.html

there a good Cleveland article that talks about the fit with Eason that’s covers exactly what I’m talking about with our roster fit. 

Eason would help add to the team’s defensive foundation. With the skill to play either forward spot, imagine the possibilities for coach J.B. Bickerstaff with Eason joining All-Star center Jarrett Allen and Rookie of the Year runner-up Evan Mobley, creating a menacing, switchable frontcourt that can protect the smaller guards. In today’s NBA, having switchable, multi-positional defenders isn’t a luxury. It’s a necessity.”

41 minutes ago, brownie man said:

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2022/06/2022-nba-draft-tari-eason-could-help-cleveland-cavaliers-form-menacing-defensive-frontcourt.html

there a good Cleveland article that talks about the fit with Eason that’s covers exactly what I’m talking about with our roster fit. 

Eason would help add to the team’s defensive foundation. With the skill to play either forward spot, imagine the possibilities for coach J.B. Bickerstaff with Eason joining All-Star center Jarrett Allen and Rookie of the Year runner-up Evan Mobley, creating a menacing, switchable frontcourt that can protect the smaller guards. In today’s NBA, having switchable, multi-positional defenders isn’t a luxury. It’s a necessity.”

Being able to shoot 3's and space the floor is also a necessity. 

Trades
Portland trades #7 to OKC for #12 and GF Lu Dort
Washington trades #10 to Indiana for PG Malcolm Brogdon
Portland trades #12 and #36 to Indiana for #10

Draft
1. Orlando Magic - Jabari Smith | F | Auburn
2. Oklahoma City Thunder - Chet Holmgren | FC | Gonzaga
3. Houston Rockets - Paolo Banchero | PF | Duke
4. Sacramento Kings - Keegan Murray | F | Iowa
5. Detroit Pistons - Jaden Ivey | G | Purdue
6. Indiana Pacers - AJ Griffin | F | Duke
7. OKC Thunder (via POR) - Shaedon Sharpe | GF | Kentucky
8. New Orleans Pelicans (via LAL) - Dyson Daniels | G | G League Ignite
9. San Antonio Spurs - Jalen Duren | C | Memphis
10. Portland Trail Blazers (via IND/WAS) - Jeremy Sochan | F | Baylor
11. New York Knicks - Bennedict Mathurin | GF | Arizona
12. Indiana Pacers (via POR/OKC/LAC) - Ousmane Dieng | F | NZ Breakers
13. Charlotte Hornets - Johnny Davis | SG | Wisconsin
14. Cleveland Cavaliers - Tari Eason | F | LSU (for you @brownie man)
15. Charlotte Hornets (via NOP) - Mark Williams | C | Duke
16. Atlanta Hawks - Jake LaRavia | F | Wake Forest
17. Houston Rockets (via BKN) - MarJon Beauchamp | GF | G League Ignite
18. Chicago Bulls - Jalen Williams | GF | Santa Clara
19. Minnesota Timberwolves - Walker Kessler | C | Auburn
20. San Antonio Spurs (via TOR) - Malaki Branham | GF | Ohio State
21. Denver Nuggets - Dalen Terry | G | Arizona
22. Memphis Grizzlies (via UTA) - Ochai Agbaji | GF | Kansas
23. Philadelphia 76ers - TyTy Washington | G | Kentucky
24. Milwaukee Bucks - EJ Liddell | F | Ohio State
25. San Antonio Spurs (via BOS) - Nikola Jovic | F | Mega Bemax
26. Houston Rockets (via DAL) - Kennedy Chandler | PG | Tennessee
27. Miami Heat - Christian Braun | SG | Kansas
28. Golden State Warriors - Gabriele Procida | GF | Bologna (international stash to save some lux tax money)
29. Memphis Grizzlies - Blake Wesley | SG | Notre Dame
30. Denver Nuggets (via OKC/PHX) - Bryce McGowens | GF | Nebraska

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He made 35 3's in 56 games during his college career. 

He’ll shoot more in a new role. He was playing the 4/5 that wasn’t his role at lsu. 

How many 3s did Kawhi make while at SDSU? Not many. Again not saying he will be Kawhi but there are a ton of similarities. Kawhi clip from 3 was horrible at SDSU. Now look at him. 

again not saying he’s going to be Kawhi but there’s a reason he’s getting those comps. Same size and a similar situation. Telling you bro don’t sleep on Eason he’s going to have a better nba career than college career. He’s one of those guys. 

Edited by brownie man

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He’ll shoot more in a new role. He was playing the 4/5 that wasn’t his role at lsu. 

How many 3s did Kawhi make while at SDSU? Not many. Again not saying he will be Kawhi but there are a ton of similarities. Kawhi clip from 3 was horrible at SDSU. Now look at him. 

again not saying he’s going to be Kawhi but there’s a reason he’s getting those comps. Same size and a similar situation. Telling you bro don’t sleep on Eason he’s going to have a better nba career than college career. He’s one of those guys. 

He can improve as a shooter but I think he needs to rework his mechanics, he brings the ball to the right and across his face so it takes him forever to get shots up. I just don't really view him as a 3, especially early on in his career, when he struggles to create for himself and for others. 

He ranked in the 20th percentile in isolation scoring and has the worst assist/to ratio of any prospect in this years draft class. 

Where have you seen him compared to Kawhi Leonard? Two of the guys I've seen him compared to are Marcus Morris and Jerami Grant.