2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

You need a wing but you don't need it to be strictly a SF. Hell, basketball is basically positionless now. You need a wing scorer but wing can literally be any position sans C.

Look at Wiggins too. The Warriors don’t win this without him locking up Tatum. 

its positionless basketball to a certain extent. There’s a reason there are 5 positions in the league. The court still has to have spacing. You can’t just have a ton of tall guys or a ton of short guys. You’ve still got to guard players with certain skill sets. 

if you don’t want to call it SF then so be it. But you need an athletic long player to guard all these guys who do play SF

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Look at Wiggins too. The Warriors don’t win this without him locking up Tatum. 

its positionless basketball to a certain extent. There’s a reason there are 5 positions in the league. The court still has to have spacing. You can’t just have a ton of tall guys or a ton of short guys. You’ve still got to guard players with certain skill sets. 

if you don’t want to call it SF then so be it. But you need an athletic long player to guard all these guys who do play SF

Wiggins can shoot and is a decent playmaker/creator though so he can play on the perimeter full time. Eason has a lot of work to do if he's going to play primarily on the wing.

5 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Don’t love the trade in the mock but adding Kuz, Deni and Johnny Davis to our non existent wing depth wouldn’t be a complete Kings screw up. Defense would still be lacking with any line up but that’s why you bring in Brown as HC. Definitely doesn’t make us a playoff team in the near or distant future unless some serious player development happens.

I'm not sure that there's any move that you can make with the #4 pick that puts you in contention to make the playoffs next season.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wiggins can shoot and is a decent playmaker/creator though so he can play on the perimeter full time. Eason has a lot of work to do if he's going to play primarily on the wing.

Shoot he wasn’t when he was coming out. He was also the number 1 pick and a consensus top 3 player in his draft. 

I ain’t saying Eason is that, but we have to find someone to guard this wing players on the perimeter. Eason has a better shot to do that than the 2 guards in this draft. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I wonder if Chet Holmgren has a condition he doesn't want anyone to know about. He passed on the cardiovascular tests and isn't releasing his medicals. 

What other reason would he have to withhold medicals?

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Control where he goes? I dunno. That's why I mentioned it lol.

I think it was misreported and he actually gave his medicals to some teams but not others so he's probably try to force his way somewhere. 

If the Thunder didn't get them I wouldn't be surprised if they go Ivey or Sharpe at #2.

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think it was misreported and he actually gave his medicals to some teams but not others so he's probably try to force his way somewhere. 

I've seen some mention Marfan Syndrome. Not saying he has it but his body structure kinda makes me consider it.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I've seen some mention Marfan Syndrome. Not saying he has it but his body structure kinda makes me consider it.

There was a report that he doesn't want to go to Orlando but he just visited with them today. But I could definitely see Marfan Syndrome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not sure that there's any move that you can make with the #4 pick that puts you in contention to make the playoffs next season.

100% agree, this team is a long ways off from post season play. Moving #4 for one star player or a handful of plus role players still doesn’t get the job done. Hopefully the kings understand this as well, as much as “playoffs or bust” sounds good to tell fans, if it comes at the expense of our future we’re spinning our wheels. Either take Murray/Ivey or make a trade for a third piece young enough to grow with Fox and Ox

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

100% agree, this team is a long ways off from post season play. Moving #4 for one star player or a handful of plus role players still doesn’t get the job done. Hopefully the kings understand this as well, as much as “playoffs or bust” sounds good to tell fans, if it comes at the expense of our future we’re spinning our wheels. Either take Murray/Ivey or make a trade for a third piece young enough to grow with Fox and Ox

I'd call Detroit and offer Holmes/#4 for Bey/Stewart/#5. 

Or the Knicks and offer Holmes/#4 for RJ Barrett/#11.

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd call Detroit and offer Holmes/#4 for Bey/Stewart/#5. 

Or the Knicks and offer Holmes/#4 for RJ Barrett/#11.

I’d lose my mind if the kings pulled off the first one, it’s the move I’ve wanted since Grant’s name was thrown around. I’d even throw in Barnes. Pistons add Ivey at 4, maybe use Barnes, Holmes to go get Ayton.