2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

28 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I kept putting off my evaluations of the top guys and then someone told me the draft is tomorrow. Oops.

Same.  I usually only have enough time to dig into either the NBA or MLB Draft, and I chose the NBA draft this year.  And I didn't do much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Same.  I usually only have enough time to dig into either the NBA or MLB Draft, and I chose the NBA draft this year.  And I didn't do much.

32 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I kept putting off my evaluations of the top guys and then someone told me the draft is tomorrow. Oops.

After pimping Cade I get why you avoided the draft this year.

Just now, NYRaider said:

After pimping Cade I get why you avoided the draft this year.

Cade's legit though (and Mobley was my #1). I feel a lot worse about being a Wiseman guy. 

I naturally tend to like guys like Griffin, Mark Williams, Duren, and Jabari. I naturally tend to be down on guys like Ivey, and Banchero. I have no strong feelings on Sharpe, Murray or Chet. But I haven't done any research so I can't say who would've impressed me or let me down.

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

The best player in the draft? Played a lot better than Green

Scottie Barnes and Evan Mobley don't exist? 

Post ASB...

Green: 22.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.2 apg on 48/39/76 splits

Cade: 21.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.6 apg on 46/27/83 splits

Just now, NYRaider said:

Scottie Barnes and Evan Mobley don't exist? 

Post ASB...

Green: 22.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.2 apg on 48/39/76 splits

Cade: 21.1 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.6 apg on 46/27/83 splits

Cade was better than both them and certainly better than Jalen “next Kobe” Green. Cade also plays D on top of better offensive numbers. Just watch some ball instead of relying on your splits

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Cade was better than both them and certainly better than Jalen “next Kobe” Green. Cade also plays D on top of better offensive numbers. Just watch some ball instead of relying on your splits

Cade was not better than Mobley or Barnes last season. 

I feel like Murray will have a Franz Wagner type year, potentially being the ROY but never taking big steps after that.  I don't see a ton of upside in him but he seems like he is built to play in todays NBA and contribute early.  He will probably go down as a top 5-7 player in this class but closer to the bottom of that than the top.  

I still feel like Jabari will be a bust, or at least not live up to the potential so seems like a solid pick for the Magic.  I think his inability to create limits him in a league with a lot of 3/4s that are as long as him.  I think if he is to become a star its going to take time and patients and most top picks dont get that opportunity before being considered a bust, ala Wiggins. 

Banchero I think becomes the next Julius Randle.  He will have some years with numbers but won't be a star. I think if he were to go to a team like Philly, Phoenix, Miami, or a proven team and he wasnt counted on to be the guy he would be a great role player/2nd option but if he is the focal point it will be inefficient outputs like Randle.  He needs to pray Green and Segun develop or I think he will lose it.  

Ivey I think becomes a solid second option but never leads a team.  Could eventually be a poor mans prime Westbrook with a slightly better jumper.  Also can see him being a D'Angelo Russell type if stuck in a bad spot too long.  I am hoping he lands in Detroit and Cade and a free agent come in and turn it around before they become used to losing. 

Chet I really like but will probably turn out to be a solid but not great player.  He has the largest span of outcomes IMO.  He could get abused and be out of the league in 4 years. He could develop into a KD type scorer.  I am guessing he ends up as a little better version of Porzingas if he adds 20 lbs in the next 4 years. 

Mathurin I havent watched a ton of but see him being a solid role player.  Not a building block but someone like Andrew Wiggins that needs to be in the right situation to fully utilize and focus on the right things he is good at.  

Griffin has the skills to make a really good career as a 3rd option with the potential to be a 1st option.  Injuries scare me but if he stays healthy he could be the best player from this draft.  

Sharpe I am in the dark as most.  He is a huge question mark and could instantly change a teams outlook or could never play much and spend a lot of time in the G League.  I get he was supposed to be a star but so was Jaden Hardy and playing against men show weaknesses.  Im a gambler in the draft so after the top 4, I would take Sharpe just based on the upside but knowing it could also set your team back like Killian Hayes and Sekou did for Detroit (I loved both of those picks on those draft days).  

Duren I see as another Bam type player.  Should be a great defender and rebounder in the league.  Not sure how well his offensive game develops but should at least be good enough to stick around for a while.  He can be a Robert Williams type player with maybe more offense. 

• Like 1