2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Dallas has been pretty damn bad in the draft for a while outside of the Luka pick. I've been seeing the Lavine to Dallas rumors heating up though.

They’re the worst drafting team in the league.

The only “hits” they’ve had in the draft the last 15 years or so were:

-Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels in the same draft

-Jae Crowder I guess but they still dumped him in a trade

-Jalen Brunson

Luka doesn’t count - as in at the 3rd (5th) pick landing a potential superstar isn’t impressive or indicative of a good drafting team.

They took Dennis Smith Jr. in the top 10. 4 years later he’s out of the league.

They have to nail their pick this year. You can find a stud at 26. But they’ll likely whiff and waste yet another roster spot and potential long term cornerstone next to Luka.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Luka doesn’t count - as in at the 3rd (5th) pick landing a potential superstar isn’t impressive or indicative of a good drafting team.

Dallas at least realized what Luka was when teams like Phoenix/Sacramento passed on him and Atlanta preferred Trae Young.

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I remember reading a lot of talk that Luka wanted no part of coming to Sacramento. 

Luka has gone on the record saying he was fine with Sacramento. Apparently Vlade Divac had some beef with his dad which influenced their decision to take Bagley.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Luka has gone on the record saying he was fine with Sacramento. Apparently Vlade Divac had some beef with his dad which influenced their decision to take Bagley.

Never knew that….actual pain with this new understanding.

I wonder if you guys will move the 4th pick for a veteran.

Seems to be the thought process I keep reading about but who?

I’ve been looking into Ivey and Murray and I wouldn’t be upset. If Griffin didn’t have the injury history he’d probably be my clear favorite. Sharpe is too big of a question mark for them to consider I’m guessing. Daniels is intriguing as well. Getting a wing who can score without being too liable on the other end is the ultimate goal, which leans towards Murray for me. 

7 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Seems to be the thought process I keep reading about but who?

I’ve been looking into Ivey and Murray and I wouldn’t be upset. If Griffin didn’t have the injury history he’d probably be my clear favorite. Sharpe is too big of a question mark for them to consider I’m guessing. Daniels is intriguing as well. Getting a wing who can score without being too liable on the other end is the ultimate goal, which leans towards Murray for me. 

I've seen Jerami Grant mentioned but he's not worth the 4th overall pick, imo. OG Anunoby is apparently available and would be someone that could make sense for you guys. 

I wonder if the Thunder would consider #4 + Mitchell and Holmes/Harkless as filler for SGA. 

If you keep the pick I think that Keegan Murray makes the most sense. You guys have drafted so many guards recently and it led to a weirdly constructed roster. Murray/Barnes/Sabonis would give you a ton of size and versatility in the front court.

Edited by NYRaider

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've seen Jerami Grant mentioned but he's not worth the 4th overall pick, imo. OG Anunoby is apparently available and would be someone that could make sense for you guys. 

I wonder if the Thunder would consider #4 + Mitchell and Holmes/Harkless as filler for SGA. 

If you keep the pick I think that Keegan Murray makes the most sense. You guys have drafted so many guards recently and it led to a weirdly constructed roster. Murray/Barnes/Sabonis would give you a ton of size and versatility in the front court.

That’s my thinking as well with taking Murray. Would give us length, scoring ability and decent defense with them on the floor altogether. Barnes in his last year too I believe, so Murray is an easy transition for replacing his contributions if he walks, or even used as a trade piece come deadline time. Either way we’d hopefully have a more impactful Barnes replacement in Murray and freed up cash with Barnes’ contract off the books. 

I saw the OG rumors, nothing substantial yet but him or Lavine are really the only two I’d want to move off 4 for. Grant’s not a bad idea but as you said not worth 4 and likely not worth the contract the Kings would be forced into giving him next year. 

Edited by Fureys49ers

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

That’s my thinking as well with taking Murray. Would give us length, scoring ability and decent defense with them on the floor altogether. Barnes in his last year too I believe, so Murray is an easy transition for replacing his contributions if he walks, or even used as a trade piece come deadline time. Either way we’d hopefully have a more impactful Barnes replacement in Murray and freed up cash with Barnes’ contract off the books. 

I saw the OG rumors, nothing substantial yet but him or Lavigne are really the only two I’d want to move off 4 for. Grant’s not a bad idea but as you said not worth 4 and likely not worth the contract the Kings would be forced into giving him next year. 

He's also an older prospect that should be ready to contribute from day one. You guys are just in a weird state of limbo as it stands. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's also an older prospect that should be ready to contribute from day one. You guys are just in a weird state of limbo as it stands. 

I know the idea of “playoffs now” sounds good, and the entire fan base is ready for it, but selling out for it at all costs would be a very Kings thing to do. Improve the team, get Sabonis and Fox some help through using the 4 or trading it for a true difference maker who’s going to be worth every penny. This organization has been half assed enough, steps in the right direction would be a drastic improvement, don’t need leaps and bounds.

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I know the idea of “playoffs now” sounds good, and the entire fan base is ready for it, but selling out for it at all costs would be a very Kings thing to do. Improve the team, get Sabonis and Fox some help through using the 4 or trading it for a true difference maker who’s going to be worth every penny. This organization has been half assed enough, steps in the right direction would be a drastic improvement, don’t need leaps and bounds.

The Western conference is just so deep and competitive now too, I was surprised that you guys traded Haliburton, seemingly came out of nowhere. 

The Western conference is just so deep and competitive now too, I was surprised that you guys traded Haliburton, seemingly came out of nowhere. 

Other than speculation that someone was getting moved after the Mitchell pick I wasn’t aware that it was a real possibility at all until the trade happened. I like Sabonis enough though and his skill set is certainly needed in our front court. Mitchell I thought showed very well so as long as he and Fox keep progressing we’ll be alright. Absolutely need to shock the world and actually hit with this 4 pick though.