2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

see im not buying the Ball and Giddey comparison.  You are basically saying he is an elite passer.  I dont see that with Daniels. 

Lonzo Ball is a career 6 apg guy and Giddey averaged 6 apg last season, that's elite?

Just now, catcheryea said:

troy's talked about skill level and maturity nonstop since he got the job so he's definitely a weaver guy and they've had him high on their board almost the whole year

Based on his time with OKC I'd assume that he'd prefer to swing for upside with Sharpe or Ivey. 

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I just don't see a viable contender, with assets, that'll trade for him.

Agreed.  I don't think there's a contender who can offer up the assets that Portland would want in a Dame trade.  So unless Dame goes full Harden, he's probably in Portland for another year.

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lakers fans are still convinced that they're landing Lavine, Lillard, or Kyrie for Russ. 

I mean, the unrealistic ones sure.  The only way that the Lakers can get them is if they go full Harden, and even then that's not likely.

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  I don't think there's a contender who can offer up the assets that Portland would want in a Dame trade.  So unless Dame goes full Harden, he's probably in Portland for another year.

They should've traded him last offseason when his value was at an all time high.