What do you want to see this season?

ckoz24

Self-explanatory title. What do you guys want to see?

I’m hoping for an ultimatum year. I’m hoping the first 4 games without MT we can see if we can compete in a softer schedule.  If we go 4-0 or 3-1 than great, if we go  0-4 or 1-3 great.

I feel the worst thing would be to finish as a .500 team that neither gives us a good drafting spot or playoffs.

Sadly, I think want I want and my expectations aren’t going to meet up.

What do you want to see?

I want to see Jameis Winston with a real coach who knows how to coach a QB. Not Lovie Smith, not Dirk Koetter, not Bruce Arians, but a QB coach like Sean Payton. Winston hasn't had stability since college. I think this will be what makes or breaks our team this year.

In addition to that, I really want to see what our secondary can do. Such a giant question mark. 

We've got our work cut out for us this season, and I'll be happy with a wildcard spot. I'm guessing we're somewhere around 10-7, 11-6.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 8:43 PM, ckoz24 said:

Self-explanatory title. What do you guys want to see?

I’m hoping for an ultimatum year. I’m hoping the first 4 games without MT we can see if we can compete in a softer schedule.  If we go 4-0 or 3-1 than great, if we go  0-4 or 1-3 great.

I feel the worst thing would be to finish as a .500 team that neither gives us a good drafting spot or playoffs.

Sadly, I think want I want and my expectations aren’t going to meet up.

What do you want to see?

I think a .500 team is by far the most realistic expectation though.  We should be better than the bottom feeders, but will probably have to get a little lucky or hope Jameis has a career year to comfortably make playoffs.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:51 AM, Jlowe22 said:

I think a .500 team is by far the most realistic expectation though.  We should be better than the bottom feeders, but will probably have to get a little lucky or hope Jameis has a career year to comfortably make playoffs.

Playing the positive side a bit - where do you think we'll miss?
In the past few seasons, our team has gone 9-2 with backup QBs. Is our defense so bad this year that we all think we're a .500(ish) team?

I know we've lost a few guys, but the guys we lost were the guys we got when we lost other guys, so....
I actually think, with our core guys being in D.Allen's defense for several years now, this thing should run way smoother than it did in prior years when we're 1 year or 2 years with a DC and then they leave only to get another failure in.

On offense, we've got a QB (Hill) who was really accurate last season, just a turnover machine. He's been in the QB room this off season rather than in ALL the rooms. 
The other QB (Winston) is a passing machine, and literally the only downside has been his turnovers. Again, with the right coach (which I think SP is) I think he could be really, really good!
So now it's a matter of "who are the QB's throwing to?" with MT out, and a bunch of almost no-names.
And we've got the best RB in the league :)

I don't think we're a 13-4 team, but I also don't think we're a 9-8/8-9 team.

Most of the games we won with backups in, the defense played completely out of their minds.  The offense basically grounded to a halt for the most part, with the exception of 1 or 2 games.  If that same defense shows up, then sure, we can win lota of games 16-10 or whatever.

I do think Jameis at his best is a much better QB than Teddy or Taysom, but it remains to be seen which Jameis shows up.  And he wont have Michael Thomas. 

• Like 1

The thing I'm really interested in, regarding MT and his style, is actually not about MT, it's about the routes they created for him in light of Drew's noodle arm over the last 3 seasons. I'm not sure MT had many contested catches. I'm not sure the stat on that, but he would run a route and find a weak spot to where Brees could just throw it his direction, often 10 feet up in the air, MT would be there, jump up & snag it, and then go straight to the ground. 

With these new guys having the arm strength to chuck it 40,50,60 yards down field, I think we'll see a whole new offense, and new talent emerge that isn't MT, as he's no longer the favorite guy of Brees, much like Colston was, and Graham was.

I believe Brees (and Payton's designs) deserves just as much credit for MT's success as MT does. Not that he's not a top 5-10 WR, but the designs were huge!