Rank the O-Lines in the NFC East

MikeT14

38 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Jeff Stoutland deserves a ton of credit. Elite o-line coach.

I know some beat reporters have said he's not one of the 53 best players on the roster like they say we should trade him for whatever we can get (6th or 7th rounder), but I don't want to completely give up on him yet. He missed all of last year with an injury that prevented him from getting stronger. I'd like to see him kept for another year. If he isn't showing anything next camp, then maybe then move on, but I think its still a little too soon to just pull the plug.

So maybe move on if he still isn't showing anything in year 4 at age 27? There's still going to be a solid chance he picks it up in year 5?
C'mon man. He sucks.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So maybe move on if he still isn't showing anything in year 4 at age 27? There's still going to be a solid chance he picks it up in year 5?
C'mon man. He sucks.

You were talking about cutting Mailata last offseason lol.

And, he's 25 right now just about to turn 26 after the first month of the season. This is basically his 2nd season rn.

Next year would be year 4 technically. Not year 5. It's the last year of his rookie contract.

If we are able to get something substantial for him then sure, but that's probably not happening so you keep him.

Also, this isn't a discussion we really need to have in this thread.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You were talking about cutting Mailata last offseason lol.

And, he's 25 right now just about to turn 26 after the first month of the season. This is basically his 2nd season rn.

Next year would be year 4 technically. Not year 5. It's the last year of his rookie contract.

If we are able to get something substantial for him then sure, but that's probably not happening so you keep him.

Also, this isn't a discussion we really need to have in this thread.

No, it's his 3rd season. And at age 26, it's more like his 4th or 5th season compared to similar aged prospects.

Yes, next year is year 4. And you said if he still hasn't gotten better by then, then maybe we should get rid of him. Which means you also think that maybe we should hang onto him for year 5, even of he still hasn't done crap after this year and next.

That worked out well with Agholor. Get whatever the hell you can for the bum. He SUCKS. A 7th round pick is good for someone who flat out sucks, and Andre Dillard flat out sucks. Doesn't matter if he was a 1st round pick last year or the year before. He sucks. Getting him off the roster is a W. Getting anything in return for getting him off the roster is a bigger W. Letting things "play out" gets you nothing, besides stuck with a crap player as one of your 53.

Edited by Jeezla

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Which means you also think that maybe we should hang onto him for year 5, even of he still hasn't done crap after this year and next.

I never said that. 

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That worked out well with Agholor.

Agholor had a good year as soon as he left us.

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

A 7th round pick is good for someone who flat out sucks

You probably aren’t even getting that for him with how much our reporters have screamed to the heavens about every rep he’s lost.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He's going to be 26. This is year 4.

No. This is literally year 3 and he didn’t get much into training camp before tearing his bicep in year 2, so really all he’s had is a rookie season and now this small part of training camp this year. He showed some good things pass protection wise as a rookie against Khalil Mack and the Vikings pass rushers. Obviously he still struggled with power as a rookie and that hasn’t changed. Will it ever change? Idk. But it’s not like we have some good depth at LT. We have Casey Tucker who has shown up a little in practice and Brett Toth played fairly well in pass pro against 3rd and 4th stringers in this past preseason game, but yeah. I have no problem keeping him on the roster a little longer and seeing if he can improve.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I never said that. 

Agholor had a good year as soon as he left us.

You probably aren’t even getting that for him with how much our reporters have screamed to the heavens about every rep he’s lost.

You implied it. 

If he isn't showing anything next camp, then maybe then move on

If he hasn't shown anything next camp, then we DEFINITELY move on. Why would we only "maybe" let him go if he still hasn't shown anything a year from now?

Agholor did not have a good year for us. Would you have preferred getting a 7th round pick for him at the start of the season? Or do you prefer what actually happened, us getting nothing, Nelson playing like crud, and getting paid nearly 10m in cap space that we could have rolled over to do it?

If we can't even get a 7th, then keep him, but then we're still using one of our 53 spots on a liability rather than someone who can help us. Just having him on the roster hurts our team. He doesn't help anyone get better because he's a turnstile. Ostman can beat him routinely, and he's a fringe roster guy coming back from major injury.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

So then we don't "maybe" move on from him next year, we definitely move on. Your phrasing left it open ended.

I left it open ended cause I don’t know how he might play.

Also, Mailata was getting beat by Joe Ostman who hasn’t been a rosterable player. Dillard has lost most to Josh Sweat who we are all expecting to have a breakout season and probably be our best DE.

I also think there should be rust there for a guy who hasn’t consistently played football since the 2019 regular season.

His excuses are definitely gonna dwindle quickly though. There is no way we keep him around for a 5th season most likely assuming Mailata gets paid after this year. A 5th year option is expensive especially for a tackle. We aren’t picking that up for him, especially since he can only play LT.