Rank the O-Lines in the NFC East

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah you are. You have no idea what you’re talking about lol.

Like if he had said Seumalo is around average as a guard, I would get it... but this man said he was bad lol. Guy hasn't seen Seumalo play since his first starts most likely...

Mailata was up and down last season, overall relatively average, but he has played football for 3 years and is a physical freak. He is going to get better.

That was truly a horrible take.

19 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Even with Mailata at LT for the Eagles. I'd still have Dallas over them if Dallas is 100%. Biadasz was solid last year. Williams was too. Both are league average guys. Martin and Smith are the best RG and LT in the league when they're healthy. Collins is an above average RT.

Philly has Mailata or Dillard at LT who are both average or below average. Seumalo who is below average. Kelce who is a top 10 C, Brooks who is a top 5 RG, and Lane Johnson who is a top 5 RT. 

To me, I'll take the Elite LT and RG and above avg RT combo over the combo of a top 10 C, top 5 RG and top 5 RT who are all on the wrong side of 30. LT being a weak spot is not something I feel comfortable with regardless of who my QB or the rest of it is.

Tyron hasn't been the best LT in the league for at least 3 years, even when healthy. Or the 2nd best. Or the 3rd best. Trent Williams, Armstead, Bakhtiari clearly ahead of him. I'll take Stanley and Tunsil over him too. Whitworth was better before getting hurt. Kolton Miller probably passes him this year.

Tyron turns 31 in 4 months. Zack Martin turns 31 in 3 months. Weird only the Eagles are on the wrong side of 30, even though Lane is only 6 months older than Tyron.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Like if he had said Seumalo is around average as a guard, I would get it... but this man said he was bad lol. Guy hasn't seen Seumalo play since his first starts most likely...

Mailata was up and down last season, overall relatively average, but he has played football for 3 years and is a physical freak. He is going to get better.

That was truly a horrible take.

Word. Seumalo has become a solid starter. He may not be more than that but he’s not bad. Mailata got better as the season went on and he has the tools to dominate. Wouldn’t surprise me if Mailata is rated more highly than @scar988’s ol boy Jake Matthews by season end.

6 hours ago, h13r024 said:

I've read a ton of what you post on here, so I think its safe to say your actual issue is that the Cowboys weren't in 1st. If those same circumstances put the Cowboys at #1 you'd rep that stat so quick. 

You must not read that much because I have been saying our OL has consistently been overrated since 2016. It as amazing in 2014, 2016. It was average (or worse) pretty much every other year and the Eagles were better than us except for maybe 2019. Either way the Eagles have consistently out performed the Cowboys over the past 5 years.

Edited by Matts4313

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks for all the info, yeah his progression for basically never playing football before to now is damn impressive.  And yeah physically he is just a giant and hard not to like that, and clearly he is very talented.  So yeah maybe Dillard is straight up done for at least for the Eagles because he will never be that big or that strong so will be hard to beat out and win the spot.  Still I think Dillard has a chance in the league and maybe the Eagles should trade him or let him go and he can get a new start somewhere else who knows.  

I am going to have to watch Jordan Mailata a little closer next time they play for sure.

In large part if comes down to our O-Line Coach, Stoutland. Been here since the start of the Chip Kelly days and he's Top 3 O-Line Coach in the league easily. If guys have talent he can usually get the most out of them.

Mailata last year, in limited play looked solid. All indications are pointing towards him having him improved since then, and he's still quite young. He's as raw as they come. He has the tools to dominate, a great mindset, and one of the best O-Line coaches in the business. The sky is the limit. The floor is average serviceable starter, but I don't see why he wouldn't continue to improve when he's still only 24 right now. (23 when we last saw him playing on the field) and he has only been playing football for 3 years of his life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danger said:

In large part if comes down to our O-Line Coach, Stoutland. Been here since the start of the Chip Kelly days and he's Top 3 O-Line Coach in the league easily. If guys have talent he can usually get the most out of them.

True they do seem to be able to evaluate talent on the OL and develop that talent and always have guys ready when one leaves.  Not every O-Line coach in the NFL can do that regardless of the 1st round picks invested into the unit, sometimes they simply cannot get the most out of them and cannot develop them or identify them well pre draft.  The depth consistency for the Eagles is a huge part, they always have guys behind the starters developing and ready to take over if a starter leaves or goes down.  

Chiefs did that last year, lost tons of starters on the OL and yet still made it to the Super Bowl.  

• Like 1