Roster Cuts: The Road to 53

JiffyJag

12 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Surprised Treadwell got cut but also not super surprised cuz of how many WRs we had in contention to make the roster. Guessing this means Cotton makes it.

Treadwell is definitely a little bit surprising.  Seemed like he was doing the things he needed to do, in order to hold onto a spot.  But it seems like the real domino in this whole WR purge and the situation all around, is the Etienne injury.  Just cascades into more competition for WR spots of a certain type, that Treadwell and other big guys obviously aren't.  If Etienne is healthy, i think he's one of the 3 RBs instead of Ogunbwale and solidifies that group more than what we have now (and Urban doesn't seem satisfied with).  But at the same time, is on the de factor WR depth chart too, instead of Tavon Austin.  So you've got effectively one more roster spot at WR to use on a guy who can bring something else to the table.  But obviously that didn't happen...so now there's some extra juggling happening, with a WR purge.

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That's a turd of a pick that i'd forgotten was still floating around in the bowl.  

12 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

Hopefully he’s next on the chopping block and he can join Chris Prosinski as a relic of a darker time

Prosinski is a legend.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Has worked with Cullen the past few years…

I recall liking him quite a bit coming out of the draft.  Haven't really closely followed him since i guess, but i'd definitely be interested in a flyer there.  A connection with Cullen would make that easier too.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Tyron, Coutee, John Brown, Derwin Thompson, Pooka, Yeboah, and Ellis are all names that stick out to me atm.

I don't see us adding more DL unless it's some freak athlete type aka Taven Bryan type.

Add Hamilcar Rasheed(edge), thadeus moss(te), Cornell Powell(wr), trey ragas(RB), Zach Davidson (te), Kristian Wilkerson(wr), Jason Huntley (RB), joe reed(OW), tanner Hudson (te). 

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Oesher estimates 6 additions, but says 4-6 is probably reasonable to expect. RB and WR (or two) for sure, maybe a TE, and a defensive player or two.

Wr and rb are most likely additions imo.  Not sure there is an upgrade at TE out there.  JOS looked decent in the Dallas game.  I liked how we looked in our 2 TE sets.  

2 minutes ago, Charles said:

Wr and rb are most likely additions imo.  Not sure there is an upgrade at TE out there.  JOS looked decent in the Dallas game.  I liked how we looked in our 2 TE sets.  

Upgrade over what we have in totality? No.

But there are definitely guys with superior pass catch ability/upside which we lack in a big way. JOS is the only guy with that type of ability on the roster.

1 hour ago, JiffyJag said:

Not sure if Lazard would be Lazard if Daniel Jones were throwing to him instead of Rodgers

This is true. Having the QB that the NFL players ranked as the 2nd best in the league is going to elevate your game. Looking at the Giants WR room, Johnson can be penciled in at possibly 6th at best in targets on that team (Golloday, Engram, Barkley, Toney, and Sheppard ahead of him). While Lazard was the 5th most targeted Packers player last year. He won't product like Lazard, but he will be a missed big bodied WR.