What's your guys opinion of AGG here?

theskawks

Do you think he will make the team or not? If they do try to put him on the PS, do you think another team would try to claim him?

So I've been a fan of his since he played at Liberty, and I have been rooting for him since he was drafted. I have seen the criticism of his play so far, by WFT fans, but I watched every snap of his including the few he got in his rookie season, and IMO I believe he deserves some more chances. Tonight in the 2nd preseason game, I feel like he finally got some run to showcase what he can do. Sure, he can get better, but I think the potential is there. Remember he came from a small school that just entered Division 1 FBS in 2018, 3 years ago, so I think it was well-known he was coming in a little raw. If tonight was his first chance to show this team what he can do, I can't wait to see more, but I feel like I could be in a minority and I'm scratching my head why. 

I just watched the game (different timezone- Europe- and not getting up for pre season games)

AGG played a good game. Still don’t see him making the team. Now that Patterson played great it could also cost the receiver group one spot (returner)

I do see him make the PS and don’t see another team picking him up.

Good to see the development!!!

He’s def starting to incorporate his size this year and gaining separation with his body and length. He looked like the jump last year he wasn’t used to playing as physical last year. This year he seems to be healthy and he’s showing the things he needs. His size gives him a edge because we don’t have but one other guy who can bring the parts of his game he excels at. If he does or doesn’t make the team I think he’s showing that his game can translate. Last year he didn’t have a Preseason and missed valuable reps. This year you can see him figuring out the things he may have been able to given these reps last year in a normal year. 

I think he makes the team now that Harmon was cut. I think AGG & Harmon were competing for one spot & Rivera/Turner went with the guy they drafted. I don’t expect him to do much this year or even be on the active roster very often this season - if at all.

We clearly have 5 WRs ahead of AGG and he’s not a return man so that won’t get him on the field either.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think he makes the team now that Harmon was cut. I think AGG & Harmon were competing for one spot & Rivera/Turner went with the guy they drafted. I don’t expect him to do much this year or even be on the active roster very often this season - if at all.

We clearly have 5 WRs ahead of AGG and he’s not a return man so that won’t get him on the field either.

I think you are sleeping on AGG. He was active last year before he got hurt and didn't have much of a offseason due to COVID. He can push Cam Sims and Dyami Brown for #2 spot across Terry. That spot is open competition I'd think. 

15 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I think you are sleeping on AGG. He was active last year before he got hurt and didn't have much of a offseason due to COVID. He can push Cam Sims and Dyami Brown for #2 spot across Terry. That spot is open competition I'd think. 

I doubt it but I guess we’ll see. Saying AGG was active last year on the league’s worst wr corps and trying to equate that to this year doesn’t make sense to me.

The #2 spot is Curtis Samuel. Adam Humphries is #3/slot, Brown is 4 & Cam is 5. 

If they thought AGG was pushing Brown or Cam for their spots, AGG would be playing with the starters in preseason with Curtis Samuel out but it’s Brown who’s been playing with the starters with Curtis out and he hasn’t disappointed.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I doubt it but I guess we’ll see. Saying AGG was active last year on the league’s worst wr corps and trying to equate that to this year doesn’t make sense to me.

The #2 spot is Curtis Samuel. Adam Humphries is #3/slot, Brown is 4 & Cam is 5. 

If they thought AGG was pushing Brown or Cam for their spots, AGG would be playing with the starters in preseason with Curtis Samuel out but it’s Brown who’s been playing with the starters with Curtis out and he hasn’t disappointed.

Good points. I think Curtis Samuel will be in the slot. I think they will mix it up a lot. AGG looks better to me YAC than Cam Sims. We'll see here shortly!

4 hours ago, taylor made said:

Good points. I think Curtis Samuel will be in the slot. I think they will mix it up a lot. AGG looks better to me YAC than Cam Sims. We'll see here shortly!

Remarkable stat that I didn’t believe until I saw it, apparently Cam Sims ranked 2nd in the NFL among WRs with 7.6 YAC per reception. Trailed only Deebo Samuel in that category. He was also 5th among WRs in broken tackles per reception, behind only Jakeem Grant, Willie Snead (?), AJ Brown, and Deebo again.

That was not my perception from watching him, but thinking back on it, I can remember a number of big plays he made where he shrugged off a tackler and ran after the catch.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Remarkable stat that I didn’t believe until I saw it, apparently Cam Sims ranked 2nd in the NFL among WRs with 7.6 YAC per reception. Trailed only Deebo Samuel in that category. He was also 5th among WRs in broken tackles per reception, behind only Jakeem Grant, Willie Snead (?), AJ Brown, and Deebo again.

That was not my perception from watching him, but thinking back on it, I can remember a number of big plays he made where he shrugged off a tackler and ran after the catch.

I believe it, once Cam caught the ball he was a big and strong guy who didn’t go down easy from DBs, he always fought for more yards too. Cam is a good WR. He’s not starting material, but he’d be a 4 or 5 on every team in the league IMO. 

10 hours ago, taylor made said:

This is one of those things you have to put in perspective. It’s preseason, AGG is going against a lot of guys who will barely make rosters, if they even make rosters. Brown & Sims are going against either starters or top back ups when they’re playing. The competition AGG vs Brown/Cam are facing is not comparable.

I like AGG, I want him to work out and be a good WR for us, but I don’t think he’s better than Cam. Cam played pretty well the 2nd half of last year as a starter & he got a lot of YAC and broke a lot of tackles. Dyami Brown is a more dynamic player than both of them and has a chance to be something special I think. I don’t know that he’s going to be Terry 2.0, but I do think that Dyami will eventually be a starter either sometime this year or next and be our unquestioned #2 WR.

I do think that Curtis Samuel will move around from outside, to the slot, to even in the backfield but I think when they line up with the top 11 on offense that Samuel is on the field. I think Humphries will be our main slot guy - that’s why he was signed - but Samuel will move around and play there some too.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is one of those things you have to put in perspective. It’s preseason, AGG is going against a lot of guys who will barely make rosters, if they even make rosters. Brown & Sims are going against either starters or top back ups when they’re playing. The competition AGG vs Brown/Cam are facing is not comparable.

I like AGG, I want him to work out and be a good WR for us, but I don’t think he’s better than Cam. Cam played pretty well the 2nd half of last year as a starter & he got a lot of YAC and broke a lot of tackles. Dyami Brown is a more dynamic player than both of them and has a chance to be something special I think. I don’t know that he’s going to be Terry 2.0, but I do think that Dyami will eventually be a starter either sometime this year or next and be our unquestioned #2 WR.

I do think that Curtis Samuel will move around from outside, to the slot, to even in the backfield but I think when they line up with the top 11 on offense that Samuel is on the field. I think Humphries will be our main slot guy - that’s why he was signed - but Samuel will move around and play there some too.

I actually feel like we have a good group of pass catchers. I think the hardest thing I’m noticing is timing from the QB’s. Guys are open. Fitz threw a beautiful ball to Brown to create selection on the back shoulder. AGG looked confident out there. And while this is preseason I think the biggest thing is reps for these guys. Dax as well this guy runs crisp routes. When I watch he Terry and brown they are just smooth and crisp. AGG and Cam bring a big body to pair with Thomas who looks even better at finding spots this year. While it isn’t a bunch of household names I think this group can make a name for themselves

• Like 1