Preseason Week 2 - Bears vs Tru Believers

Sugashane

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So if the players "get it right" in week 2 of preseason then it should bleed over into the reg season too right? See the 0-16 Lions and Browns.

How do you know who is and who isn't getting it? IT'S PRESEASON LOL. As fans, we can only get so much from it. PS is for coaches and players. That's my whole point! See my post above that you quoted for further details.

But my concern is not the Lions, the Browns or any other NFL team.  It's irrelevant what happens elsewhere.  I don't know of even one coach I've ever played under who didn't believe that if you practice sloppy you tend to play sloppy and yes it will bleed over into any games you play.

When I coached fast pitch softball my #1 rule was we practice like we play.  No cutting corners because it's only practice.  And it's the same with the bands I've been in.  We rehearse every tune how we intend to play it.  It's all about fundamentals.  Good practice habits repeat themselves when it's show time.

And while I'll agree some things are not as obvious to the casual fan as others if you've watched enough football and taken advantage of things like All 22 post game video analysis you can pick up on a lot of issues cause by missed assignments.  Watch games more to evaluate and you'll see far more of what I mean.

Stats alone can only tell you so much.

Edited by soulman

And do you know this? I thought you weren't just looking at the box score?

Now you're just trying to invent something to challenge.  Don't play that game with me.

I watched extended game highlights for one and the score doesn't lie does it?

Because context matters and stats don't tell the whole story. Just look at the history.

So you agree here that stats don't tell the whole story and that context by observation does matter yet when debating with me over our team discipline or lack thereof your entire case IS based on stats.

You can't have it both ways when one way works better for you than the other in one debate then flip flop entirely on another topic.  Keep doing that and we'll elect you to Congress.  🤣

All this talk of Nagy's offense being similar to Ried's has been a joke from the start. They are NOTHING alike. I feel like I lose a brain cell anytime I hear a the media or fans mention it.

I'm sorry.  Did I hear you say they're NOTHING alike?

So what you're selling here is Nagy and other HC who've come from the Andy Reid "coaching tree" coach nothing like him?  None of the schemes or plays they learned and used when under Reid are ever incorporated into their offenses once they leave and are hired to coach elsewhere?

I lose brains cells every time someone else is so sure they have all the correct answers and the rest of us are a bunch of low football IQ idiots.  You're certainly entitled to your own opinions but they are mostly opinions not necessarily 100% established fact.  This quote is a good example.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Well, OK, but that's still the most successful offense Nagy has been a part of (2017, when he was OC) so what else are we supposed to use to guess at what his offense wants to be?

Vaccs this contention by JAF is so far off base it can't even be responded to without challenging how wrong it is by also then saying there is no such thing as NFL "Coaching Trees" when we know this is talked about all the time and teams will often hire HCs from coaching trees they like and want to emulate.

This isn't just an NFL thing or even just a sports thing.  People are hired all the time based on their previous employment background and even based on their military service.  We all tend to carry things that were successful in prior work situations with us into new ones.  JAF's contention is false from a factual standpoint.

Edited by soulman

46 minutes ago, soulman said:

Vaccs this

Man I really need a new username. That **** was funny was Jay Cutler was in the news for acting like Jay Cutler in his personal life, but it just kinda snuck up on me that it's no longer all that amusing.  So far I'm considering "Soulglo", "Sugashine" "dll2001" "SeeBears019" and others. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Man I really need a new username. That **** was funny was Jay Cutler was in the news for acting like Jay Cutler in his personal life, but it just kinda snuck up on me that it's no longer all that amusing.  So far I'm considering "Soulglo", "Sugashine" "dll2001" "SeeBears019" and others. 

Here ya' go.  Become the Soul Glow spokesperson.  Spell it however ya' like.

soul-glow-spokesperson.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, soulman said:

Here ya' go.  Become the Soul Glow spokesperson.  Spell it however ya' like.

soul-glow-spokesperson.jpg

Given the recent trend in movies and TV of reimagining established stories from the villains perspective (mostly annoying, please knock it off) I think this **** is primed for a retelling. Dude has to compete with an (African) coastal elite who shows up and steals his GF.  Between that and Cobra Kai, my lowkey investment advice for 2022 would pivot to mid 80's trans ams. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Given the recent trend in movies and TV of reimagining established stories from the villains perspective (mostly annoying, please knock it off) I think this **** is primed for a retelling. Dude has to compete with an (African) coastal elite who shows up and steals his GF.  Between that and Cobra Kai, my lowkey investment advice for 2022 would pivot to mid 80's trans ams. 

Did you watch the sequel? Just came out a few months ago.