Preseason Week 2 - Bears vs Tru Believers

Sugashane

17 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Bears looked like dog****.  The OL is going to sink this team unless they get reeeeal lucky and get some guys back and other guys play above their previous showings.  Fields should start but I'm worried he's going to get RG3'd.  Trying smoking ribs with oak/maple/apple today and it smells amazing.

When it comes to the OL not many teams in the NFL are going to look good missing 3 starters...especially when two of those starts are your tackles...preseason or not.

17 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Yeah but that's our reality, lack of ol depth and bad luck, but it's not pretty

No doubt we have a lack of depth but on the OL that is an NFL wide problem right now...

Biggest concern for me is CB #2...Vildor is a slot in my book...need Burns to step up big time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Fields playing behind this ****ty o line is going to break him. So rushing him in is still not the best idea. 

If they're as bad as you think, won't Dalton be hurt soon anyhow?

41 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

When it comes to the OL not many teams in the NFL are going to look good missing 3 starters...especially when two of those starts are your tackles...preseason or not.

Agree 100%. When it's Peters-Whitehair-Mustipher-Daniels-Bars it'll be average. When Peters inevitably gets hurt, it'll be Bars-Whitehair-Mustipher-Daniels-Ifedi and that's slightly below average. By no means will they ever be terrible, imo.

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

That's pretty high hopes. Unless Allen gets injured, Mitch won't even see a single meaningful snap this year to even "showcase" for other teams.

Coaches have seen enough of Mitch to know he isn't the answer. He isn't going to find himself a starting job unless he happens to fall into a magical situation where a playoff team loses their starter and are forced to play Mitch in the playoffs and he catches lightening in a bottle ala Foles. This is where QBs like Mitch and Winston' careers are at right now, and that's the best they can hope for at this point. Other than that, they will likely bounce around from team to team as back-up Qbs before eventually falling off the radar.

Even his success against the Bears was the same stuff. Short throws, getting YAC, roll outs and mobility. 

He still can’t read defenses or throw deep. He’s going to be a great backup for any team out there and can easily light it up 2-3 games.

• Like 1

I thought Fields looked really good through the game. He’s calm and poised. He looks down field, knows when to run and when to pass it.

He rarely produces negative plays, I’ve been pretty impressed by him.

He needs to start week 4-6.

56 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I thought Fields looked really good through the game. He’s calm and poised. He looks down field, knows when to run and when to pass it.

He rarely produces negative plays, I’ve been pretty impressed by him.

He needs to start week 1 but will probably be out there for good week 4-6.

Fixed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

No doubt we have a lack of depth but on the OL that is an NFL wide problem right now...

Biggest concern for me is CB #2...Vildor is a slot in my book...need Burns to step up big time.

Our CB deficiency is bad, but it's not going to have long term repercussions for the team. Killing a possible franchise QB with a crap ol will. 

14 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Our CB deficiency is bad, but it's not going to have long term repercussions for the team. Killing a possible franchise QB with a crap ol will. 

I think it should be okay when the starters as fit and back in the lineup...CB we don't have that luxury...

That said I agree that ever move we make from this point has to be what's best from Fields.

46 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it should be okay when the starters as fit and back in the lineup...CB we don't have that luxury...

That said I agree that ever move we make from this point has to be what's best from Fields.

Maaaan I hope you're right.  I thought the best case scenario for the the OL was "acceptable" and that was before the unit started all getting final destinationed.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

https://dabearsblog.com/2021/daltonstarter#more-29261

Good read.

This article reflects my feelings since just after draft when they Nagy said they were going to roll with Dalton this year.

I knew this is where people were going to end up more and more.

Wait until after Rams game … 

Yep, Nagy keeps getting called a good head coach but I don't know exactly why. He can't call plays or install a competent offense so he needs to stop trying and focus on elevating his OC and DC however he can. Set up the practices, help scheme, etc. There's still a ton to do. His W/L record isn't even his own, it is Pace and the DCs that earned that. If anything the record should be better but he has been the weak link as a mediocre offensive mind.

Nagy seems desperate (not due to the preseason games, but from the moves overall). He wanted Foles last year so clearly he lacks the understanding of what allowed Foles those brief moments of high level play and how we couldn't provide almost any of that criteria. He gets flummoxed when Foles plays worse than Tru so he decides to go after another aging, lackluster QB to hope plays better than his ability allows. If we didn't have Fields there would be zero excitement for this offense. But if Fields gets the start then how does Nagy justify both ridiculously bad QB signings? For a QB guru he was suppose to be he sucks something fierce with the handling of the position.

On the other hand it seems like Dalton really has "full control" of the offense. He has the ineffectiveness Nagy's QBs are known for down pat.

• Like 1