The Trashing of Cousins

Doc Draper

3 hours ago, Danger said:

And yes, Moses is "serviceable". https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/morgan-moses/8701 29th best tackle in the league this season. He's not bad, but he's not someone that your season should rely on.

That's all OTs. So he's 29th out of 64 OTs and that's including a horrible week 1 and playing with two sprained ankles. So, to me I look at that and think, he's one of the best RTs in the NFL.

A few things:

Ireland is such a beautiful place. It rains every few hours for 20 minutes and is beautiful in between. Enjoy some Hophouse 13 draft beer only available in Ireland pubs. The best ever! Of course you have to humor them there as they think scotch whiskey is equivalent to cat piss but they are wrong lol

greece-try to make your way to Santorini and watch an old movie Summer Lovers shot on location there. It has a nice ffm threesome you will enjoy! The scenario and sunset is one of the best ever and the Greek girls love to party :)

now to Kirk- I really can’t understand anyone questioning his value to our team. We have terrible receivers and gotten rid of two very good ones ( Pryor is a coach killer and doctson looks like hes still a rookie and doesn’t know the plays, crowder is slumping and Reed is still always hurt,  we have zero run game and Kirk is getting the hell beaten out of him on those slow developing routes gruden calls. Without him we lose every game. He’s not Brady Rodgers or even Brees but he is a very good quarterback and has to be counting the days till he goes to SF. 

6 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

A few things:

Ireland is such a beautiful place. It rains every few hours for 20 minutes and is beautiful in between. Enjoy some Hophouse 13 draft beer only available in Ireland pubs. The best ever! Of course you have to humor them there as they think scotch whiskey is equivalent to cat piss but they are wrong lol

greece-try to make your way to Santorini and watch an old movie Summer Lovers shot on location there. It has a nice ffm threesome you will enjoy! The scenario and sunset is one of the best ever and the Greek girls love to party :)

now to Kirk- I really can’t understand anyone questioning his value to our team. We have terrible receivers and gotten rid of two very good ones ( Pryor is a coach killer and doctson looks like hes still a rookie and doesn’t know the plays, crowder is slumping and Reed is still always hurt,  we have zero run game and Kirk is getting the hell beaten out of him on those slow developing routes gruden calls. Without him we lose every game. He’s not Brady Rodgers or even Brees but he is a very good quarterback and has to be counting the days till he goes to SF. 

I sure hope he doesn't go to San Fran, but I can surely understand why he would.

After we lost to the eagles people here and other skins fans said we should let Kirk walk etc ?

thats one of the most insane things I herd .. we are arguably one wr one RB and one safety away from being a 12-4 team .. o and maybe one good defensive coordinator away .

and peoole want to get rid of a qb that's helped us win games more than usual? Cousins shown clutch abilities to remember in that eagles game we where down by 7 unill wentz scrambled for the first down.. the game before Kirk scored a game winning td and the game before he threw a nice pass to Doctson that was dropped which should of gotten us a W.

yet we want a new QB? That's crazy ... give him the money because I doubt Pryor is coming back to gauge any contract

4 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

After we lost to the eagles people here and other skins fans said we should let Kirk walk etc ?

thats one of the most insane things I herd .. we are arguably one wr one RB and one safety away from being a 12-4 team .. o and maybe one good defensive coordinator away .

and peoole want to get rid of a qb that's helped us win games more than usual? Cousins shown clutch abilities to remember in that eagles game we where down by 7 unill wentz scrambled for the first down.. the game before Kirk scored a game winning td and the game before he threw a nice pass to Doctson that was dropped which should of gotten us a W.

yet we want a new QB? That's crazy ... give him the money because I doubt Pryor is coming back to gauge any contract

1. I agree we need to keep Kirk, he’s once again the main reason we have 3 wins.

2. We don’t need a new safety. We should draft another mid round to late round safety to develop but I certainly don’t think we need to replace our starters.

3. We do need an upgraded at wr, preferably a burner and definitely a running back unless Perine goes off the second half of this year.

4. While I think we should have 2 more wins, I don’t know how you can say we are only 2 players away from 12-4. If we had Alfred Morris rushing for 80 to 90 yards a game and still had Garçon or Djax, I don’t think it means we automatically beat Philly week 1 & KC week 4. 

We lost week 1 for a number of reasons, the main two being Kirk missed Crowder  for the TD in the 4th quarter and Moses couldn’t block Brandon Graham. We lost to KC because our D had so many injuries and Doctson dropped a TD pass that only a guy like he could have caught. There’s no way Djax or Garçon would have ever been able to high point the ball that Doctson should have caught to be the game winner against KC.

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Never seen this before! An offshore book is offering a line of 3-1 that cousins doesn’t finish the game. Doesn’t specify injury or getting benched, but damn he better have his insurance paid up 

Didn't pay out though. Was a bit surprised that he went out for that last handoff.

Can we all agree that both Pryor and Doctson as of this moment are simple trash?  Doctson dropping that super critical 3rd down long ball had me shacking my head.  Yea it was not a perfect thrown ball but once again he did everything right except catch it, just like the Chiefs TD that should have been.

15 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Can we all agree that both Pryor and Doctson as of this moment are simple trash?  Doctson dropping that super critical 3rd down long ball had me shacking my head.  Yea it was not a perfect thrown ball but once again he did everything right except catch it, just like the Chiefs TD that should have been.

I will say this:

1. We aren’t using Pryor in the ways he could be affective. Gruden is trying to make him be DeSean Jackson, and Pryor is not that experience and a different type of wr. Square peg/round hole. Gruden needs to adjust his game plan and get Pryor easy catches to get him going and get his confidence up and send him deep. Quit having him run the sharp breaking routes, it’s not going to work with him.

2. Doctson is an inconsistent young wr who now has a few drops on the season. It’s to be expected since this is basically his rookie year. Doctson, like Pryor needs more targets. I don’t know how we can expect to have these guys make an impact if we aren’t giving them a chance to make plays.

Kirk has missed him downfield on a handful of occasions throught this season. It’s frustrating to hear that when those who have the All-22 watch it after the game Doctson is running wide open a few times each game and Kirk isn’t looking downfield or already made up his mind to throw to Crowder, Reed or Thompson.

21 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

We need a safety turtle like a Landon Collins would of been good ... I regret that we couldn't get him .

and it's true we needed a few more points if we had garçon and Jackson we would still be undefeated or atleast 1 loss into the season.

Swearinger and Collins are pretty similar. Swearinger isn’t quite as good as Collins, but they have the same make up and abilities.

Both are better at being in the box safeties who can cover TEs, shallow WR routes and RBs. 

Neither are a guy you want 1 on 1 vs a WR. They are serviceable at FS but it’s not their strength. They are much better off being used as an extension of your LBs.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

1. We aren’t using Pryor in the ways he could be affective. Gruden is trying to make him be DeSean Jackson, and Pryor is not that experience and a different type of wr. Square peg/round hole. Gruden needs to adjust his game plan and get Pryor easy catches to get him going and get his confidence up and send him deep. Quit having him run the sharp breaking routes, it’s not going to work with him.

With his hands, can the coaching staff trust him to run and catch a deep ball? Even if they did, could they even try it with the patchwork offensive line giving Cousins little time?

Archived