? Week Eight: Panthers (4-3) @ Bucs (2-4)

bucsfan333

THe problem with mcdaniels was he was too young for personnel control and that did him in. 

I give him credit for being right on cutler when no one else saw it. But his replacement choices were bad. 

He knows how to scheme very well and he's a tough coach. But I don't know if Jameis is the type of qb that fits his offense. Normally the ball is out quick and is more quick rhythm passed. 

2 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Josh McDaniels...? The way he tanked in Denver worries me but it a young offensive mind. I just don't know if he'd leave NE.

We hire the NE front office guy to be GM and you can bet McDaniels comes along.

McDaniels made some baffling personnel decisions in Denver. He also had a huge ego and completely lost the locker room by the way he treated the players.

I get the sense that the problem with these Bellichick guys is that they see what works in NE and try to replicate that where they go. The problem is, they do it long before they have enough credibility with the players and the organisation to get away with fundamentally changing the culture.

I doubt he’s learned his lesson. 

1 minute ago, indifference said:

I really hated watching Gruden’s offense. A good HC nevertheless though.

Still surprised that Hargreaves was lights out today. He looks good as a press man CB. 

Makes me wonder why this wasn't made sooner.  It was crap Smith mentioned we give our CBs freedom to line up.  Wrong you put your players in the best position to succeed.   I'm glad Hargreaves played well,  but now I have even more questions about this coaching staff. 

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Makes me wonder why this wasn't made sooner.  It was crap Smith mentioned we give our CBs freedom to line up.  Wrong you put your players in the best position to succeed.   I'm glad Hargreaves played well,  but now I have even more questions about this coaching staff. 

Mike smith also openly stated he wasn't coaching Hargreaves to play 8 yards off his man so I'm not sure it was 100% coaching problem there either. Maybe Hargreaves needed some tough love with the open criticism but since both koetter and smith did so in their PCs, Hargreaves responded. 

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've seen Mike McCoy's name thrown around a bit as a head coach candidate too.

Nick Caserio the Pats VP of Player Personnel. Hire him to GM and then comes McDaniels. I'd feel more comfortable with that then McCoy. I just think it would be hard to get him out of NE.

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Our offense turning the ball over or not sustaining drives plays a part in falling behind you know. 

So does the defense not stopping anyone on third down and giving QBs all day to throw the ball.

We're just a bad team overall.

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Mike smith also openly stated he wasn't coaching Hargreaves to play 8 yards off his man so I'm not sure it was 100% coaching problem there either. 

So a player was openly being in subordinate to his DC, yet still playing.  Yeah, I'm not buying Smith on this one.

Just now, Lil' Shorty said:

Nick Caserio the Pats VP of Player Personnel. Hire him to GM and then comes McDaniels. I'd feel more comfortable with that then McCoy. I just think it would be hard to get him out of NE.

I hate to say it but mcdaniels could want to bring Garoppolo with him. Not saying to Tampa but he's going to want a situation he likes.

I don't think mcdaniels is an easy squeeze. He's going TO want to do it right next time and be in a situation that's set up for success. I can't see him being a fan of Jameis being given the types of qbs he's coached and developed are more quick rythym, decisive and know how to mamange a game vs. the type of style winston is. 

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Mike smith also openly stated he wasn't coaching Hargreaves to play 8 yards off his man so I'm not sure it was 100% coaching problem there either. 

I don’t get why he didn’t step in sooner though. Being that far off the LOS was obviously not working, so why continue to allow it?

6 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

McDaniels made some baffling personnel decisions in Denver. He also had a huge ego and completely lost the locker room by the way he treated the players.

I get the sense that the problem with these Bellichick guys is that they see what works in NE and try to replicate that where they go. The problem is, they do it long before they have enough credibility with the players and the organisation to get away with fundamentally changing the culture.

I doubt he’s learned his lesson. 

Yeah this is a good point. Add in the quick passing that Brady does and probably not a good fit.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So a player was openly being in subordinate to his DC, yet still playing.  Yeah, I'm not buying Smith on this one.

The thing here is. We continue to place blame on coaching staffs , and yet when we scrap and start over. We continue to do the same each time. 

Smith knows what he's doing. He's been a top Defensive Coord. In this league. A good head coach as well. At some point we need to hold players accountable. 

5 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Joe Douglas VP for the Eagles has a very good resume.  I don't see Caserio or DeCosta.

Archived