? Week Eight: Panthers (4-3) @ Bucs (2-4)

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

Fify

It’s done. Another year of hype, another year of this “team on the rise BS” and another year of optimistically waiting for the season to roll round and then having you’re heart broken by ****e coaching, ****e players and ****e decisions.

”Theres always next year”. I’ll be deep in the cold ground before this team every makes the playoffs again. And I’m 26.

cant argue this, it  has been a train wreck since Malcolm got ill and unfortunately passed

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Excuse to explain. Has all the flaws that has made QBs bust in this league. Turn over happy. Poor accuracy and mechanics.

Generally he is improving, but not at the rate we expected. His performances are erratic too, which makes it seem like he’s either taken a huge leap forward it a huge step back on a weekly basis.

His best is good enough to be a good QB in this league. His worst will drive you insane. He’s a high beta stock, but he has the work ethic to become a good QB. I question whether we have the coaching and the scheme to make that happen.

Just now, Buc Ball said:

Generally he is improving, but not at the rate we expected. His performances are erratic too, which makes it seem like he’s either taken a huge leap forward it a huge step back on a weekly basis.

His best is good enough to be a good QB in this league. His worst will drive you insane. He’s a high beta stock, but he has the work ethic to become a good QB. I question whether we have the coaching and the scheme to make that happen.

The problem here is. If we wanted a "good" or erratic qb , that's not what we anticipated with the #1 overall pick. This guy was hyped to be great and he hasn't even progressed. 

Consistency isn't even close with him after 2.5 years. He doesn't look like he's gotten better. His stats look good when you add in garbage time numbers yeah. But his accuracy is poor. He is jekyl and Hyde at its prime. 

I remember in pre draft evaluations when mike mayock said Winston reminded him of jay cutler on the field. That looks to be the case 

Winston is the Bucs QB for now and for the future. Get over it or go cheer for a new team. Its that simple. He was dreadful today but his supporting cast didn’t help much. Drops first half and bad pass blocking. He will bounce back he’s faced top defenses weekly. Gotta give credit when its due and CAR defense is stifling. Season is pretty much over but I want us to keep fighting. 

Hargreaves played well today. The defense in general played well so Mike Smith isn’t the whipping boy this week.

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

The problem here is. If we wanted a "good" or erratic qb , that's not what we anticipated with the #1 overall pick. This guy was hyped to be great and he hasn't even progressed. 

Consistency isn't even close with him after 2.5 years. He doesn't look like he's gotten better. His stats look good when you add in garbage time numbers yeah. But his accuracy is poor. He is jekyl and Hyde at its prime. 

I remember in pre draft evaluations when mike mayock said Winston reminded him of jay cutler on the field. That looks to be the case 

News flash good QBs arent consistently good year 3 into the league. 

HES made no progress with all of his weapons. 

His accuracy seems to regress. His deep ball is worse than ever and his mechanics don't align with quick release qbs that GMs and coaches are looking for. His turnovers are still there and decision making is still dumb. 

Its year three. There should be progress. There isn't. 

so is koetter s offense cutting edge or not good enough in today s NFL?  His passing concepts are based off Air Coryell.  Winston had the2nd most passing yards by a Qb that travelled in the air.  My point is not a lot of teams are running these concepts, I know the Titans are one team.  its all part of the evaluation of koetter.

Jameis had more low throws than usual today. His inconsistency drives me crazy but I legit think is shoulder was part of the problem today.

With that said, if we had a better coaching staff from top to bottom or a Sean McVay as the coach, this offense would be best in the league. Man what I would do to trade coaching staffs with the Rams.

11 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Man are you a Winston lover. 

Nah. I support him as our QB and I think trading him is a stupid idea. Because it is. It is a stupid idea.

He's not as good as he can be yet. Hopefully he can continue to improve and help make us a legit team. But he's not there yet.

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

HES made no progress with all of his weapons. 

His accuracy seems to regress. His deep ball is worse than ever and his mechanics don't align with quick release qbs that GMs and coaches are looking for. His turnovers are still there and decision making is still dumb. 

Its year three. There should be progress. There isn't. 

He had 10/3 TD:INT ratio before today. That IS improvement. He has cut down on the INTs. Year 3 QBs don’t play consistently well. Weapons or not its not even about that. More so of this thing called growing pains. The same ones ATL went thru with Matt Ryan but I digress...

Maybe let winston watch the rest of the year? I don't know but it's an option. He's clearly not improved and maybe learning from the sidelines like Rodgers and Rivers did is something to consider? 

I also would like to see dirk give up play calling opportunities. We're not a balanced team 

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Maybe let winston watch the rest of the year? I don't know but it's an option. He's clearly not improved and maybe learning from the sidelines like Rodgers and Rivers did is something to consider? 

I also would like to see dirk give up play calling opportunities. We're not a balanced team 

I'd vote for this

Just now, indifference said:

He had 10/3 TD:INT ratio before today. That IS improvement. He has cut down on the INTs. Year 3 QBs don’t play consistently well. Weapons or not its not even about that. More so of this thing called growing pains. The same ones ATL went thru with Matt Ryan but I digress...

It was 10/4 actually. And is now 10/6. 

Archived