? Week Eight: Panthers (4-3) @ Bucs (2-4)

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Who do you think would be his OC? That's a huge concern for me. I think Schwartz is a bit of a head case but it sure would be nice to have one side of the ball sured up and a nasty D once again.

That's the biggest question. Linehan was his OC in Detroit, but Linehan's in Big D now as their OC. Jeff Horton was his QB coach, but is SDSU's OC right now.

So I have no idea.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Detroit's RBs can't run. And it's been that way forever. But they can all catch the football.

Well there was ...., or how about...... , I got nothing, lol.  Here s another guy who will get some attention at the end of the year John DeFillipo.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

He’s bad. We need a LT but its not pressing need.

I have to disagree with you here, Smith has killed so many drives these last three years, either from holding penalties or just getting beat off the edge. If we are really in the early half the draft this year, I would need to see McGlinchey as one of the first people interviewed by the Bucs at the combine.  We also need to identify and hire a real offensive coordinator. Even Jim Caldwell who was the "Offensive Coordinator" during the Peyton Manning colts days had to relinquish his of duties head coach/OC duties in Detroit for the good of his job. I think Dirk needs to do the same

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's too bad Dirk can't go back to just being our OC.

i find interesting that all the coordinators and head coaches since Gruden, only Frazier has had any margin of success.  If Dirk is gone by the end of the year, I m sure he will resurface.  In the debate between scheme and players, coaching hasnt been a strength.

While I agree that there might need to be some sort of change with the coaching staff, I want us to have a massive tryout of DE and possibly kick the tires on Vontae Davis.  Just looking at what's available at DE there are some players that I would like to see get a chance, I get none are going to completely change our line up but this weeks games was just downright embarrassing.

Trent Cole

Mario Williams

Devin Taylor

Jared Odrick

Again I understand that none of these are going to come in and turn this around but with Spence out we saw today that we can't create any pressure and while Cam is elusive, we can't win a game when we never even touch the QB.

39 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Zero sacks and zero QB hits today. Pretty pathetic.

It is but allowing 17 points is acceptable to win. Our offense was more putrid. 

I'd look to address the DL first by revamping it. Baker, McDonald and ayers will be gone. Atleast 3 new line man and depth. You can get by with average corners if you can get to the passer up front. 

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Zero sacks and zero QB hits today. Pretty pathetic.

We need to pour an absolute reckless amount of money and resources into the DL this offseason. If by any slim chance Lawrence gets away from Dallas, just give him whatever he wants. Spend 2 premium picks on the DL and the other on CB. Lastly, sign a veteran DL at a good price. 4 new DL next year.

I agree that a good DL will mask weaknesses in the secondary. Smith and Elliott looked alright today and VH3 in press man was not bad as well. The position still probably deserves a FA signing and a 2nd round pick, but DL is far and beyond the bigger need.

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

It is but allowing 17 points is acceptable to win. Our offense was more putrid. 

I'd look to address the DL first by revamping it. Baker, McDonald and ayers will be gone. Atleast 3 new line man and depth. You can get by with average corners if you can get to the passer up front. 

I'm gonna chalk the offensive woes up to coaching. There is WAY too much talent on that side of the ball to only put up 3 points. That's coaching. 

So to recap. We have tons of talent on the offensive side and poor coaching and on the defensive side we have little to no talent aside from the LBs and Gerald and slightly better coaching but still bad. Sounds like one big mess.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/10/sports-physician-claims-jameis-shoulder-injury-something/#more-187810

Apparently Winston has an injured rotator cuff, which explains why his mechanics looked weird yesterday. A change in mechanics also explains his worse than usual accuracy.

If his rotator cuff is damaged, sit him until it heals. We’re 2-5, going no where and the guy we’ve pinned our franchise on could have an injury which fundamentally affects his ability to play the position.

The MRI will have shown an issue with his deltoid, but I don’t know if it shows all of the anchor points of your rotator cuff. The one under your deltoid generally can’t be seen by other types of scan, so it could be that the doctors have taken a view based on an assessment of Winston’s movement. I hope they send him for another MRI if they’re at all unsure.

55 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/10/sports-physician-claims-jameis-shoulder-injury-something/#more-187810

Apparently Winston has an injured rotator cuff, which explains why his mechanics looked weird yesterday. A change in mechanics also explains his worse than usual accuracy.

If his rotator cuff is damaged, sit him until it heals. We’re 2-5, going no where and the guy we’ve pinned our franchise on could have an injury which fundamentally affects his ability to play the position.

The MRI will have shown an issue with his deltoid, but I don’t know if it shows all of the anchor points of your rotator cuff. The one under your deltoid generally can’t be seen by other types of scan, so it could be that the doctors have taken a view based on an assessment of Winston’s movement. I hope they send him for another MRI if they’re at all unsure.

Yeah. He doesn't need to be risking any long-term damage. And he doesn't need to start any bad habits trying to compensate for pain/lack of strength.

The Fitzpatrick curse has struck. Might as well accept defeat and start him.

Archived