Jaguars sign WR Devin Smith & OL Jermaine Eluemunor

pwny

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

Ngl the Smith signing is a bit of an eye roller

A bit, but at the same time they’re trying whatever they can to get someone with speed in that WR room because what they have isn’t cutting it. At this stage, you kinda need someone with a bit of a head start on the passing concepts they plan to run.

But yeah, it’s one of those things that are incredibly unlikely to work, and Urban’s gonna get some crap over it because of the connection.

Just now, pwny said:

A bit, but at the same time they’re trying whatever they can to get someone with speed in that WR room because what they have isn’t cutting it. At this stage, you kinda need someone with a bit of a head start on the passing concepts they plan to run.

But yeah, it’s one of those things that are incredibly unlikely to work, and Urban’s gonna get some crap over it because of the connection.

Does Smith have speed? One of his knees is completely shredded and he’s also almost 30

• Like 1

Just now, JiffyJag said:

Does Smith have speed? One of his knees is completely shredded and he’s also almost 30

I mean I’d imagine so if they’re bringing him in. What else was he hyped up for coming out?

Kind of whatever to me. No WR we bring in right now is making it.

4 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

I mean that’s the risk, yeah. But I assume they worked him out, and it’s not like he ever had any other trait at the NFL, or that the WR room is missing any other component that you’d want to address.

Can’t imagine there’s many other options without as big of risks at this point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pwny said:

I mean that’s the risk, yeah. But I assume they worked him out, and it’s not like he ever had any other trait at the NFL, or that the WR room is missing any other component that you’d want to address.

Can’t imagine there’s many other options without as big of risks at this point.

Yeah.  It's whatever.  You're rummaging around the dumpster at this point.  The chances of finding not only a quality player worth a roster spot, but one with a very specific and highly desired trait around the league, at this point in the preseason...are infinitesimally small.  But this is what you do, when you reach this point of the preseason and appreciate that you have a glaring weakness or lack of something in your roster, that's going to really hold the team back.  You start throwing darts.  It's all you really can do.