Gilmore PUP

Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

Well I assume this pretty much confirms that Gilmore will not be a Patriot in 2022. No new contract, he can only play half a year and his age will become a major issue.

His play noticeably declined prior to the injury and was overrated anyways the year he won dpoy.

Just now, SBLIII said:

yeah and he will be 32. Maybe we draft his replacement next year. Or better someone on the roster is good.

I am confident in Wade to at least earn one spot and wouldn't be surprised if he enables them to move on from JC at the end of the season unless JC takes a team friendly deal which oddly I don't rule out for him yet. wouldnt be sad to see JC go though.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I am confident in Wade to at least earn one spot and wouldn't be surprised if he enables them to move on from JC at the end of the season unless JC takes a team friendly deal which oddly I don't rule out for him yet. wouldnt be sad to see JC go though.

I don't think we can let JC go unless he underperforms. 

Just now, SBLIII said:

I don't think we can let JC go unless he underperforms. 

i think they can and ultimately will. JC underperformed last year and lost snaps for a little while but got them back. relative to his contract he was over performing but relative to expectations he sort of plateaued last year. still think there is a bounce back in consistency which would be hard not to do with this defense in 2021.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

i think they can and ultimately will. JC underperformed last year and lost snaps for a little while but got them back. relative to his contract he was over performing but relative to expectations he sort of plateaued last year. still think there is a bounce back in consistency which would be hard not to do with this defense in 2021.

No don't think so. Going from Gilmore and JC to 2 unknowns is a big risk. As long as JC keeps progressing and I think there is a good chance he makes the jump to elite, we should keep him. We'll still have plenty of cap room.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Going from Gilmore and JC to 2 unknowns is a big risk. As long as JC keeps progressing and I think there is a g

Wade and others on the roster wouldnt be unknowns after this season and JC has plateaued in his progress but I agree if he gets more consistent then he is probably worth re-signing. I just think defense will be really good and be fine without JC in 2022.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Personal gripe.  He's playing for 7 mil.

No he's playing for 65 mil for 4 years ( with a bump in pay) and bonus money. I'm pretty sure when he signed,that many said that was a outrageous contract and he was over paid!!!

I'm not sure if he'll ever play for us again. But we are right not to pay him. he is old and his performance dropped off.