Rookie QB class Watch

dll2000

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

Situation also matters a lot. 

There's a reason Jacksonville and jets where picking 1 and 2, after all. 

I'd add that Jones hasn't been super aggressive with the ball in New England, which can skew results too.

Meanwhile Fields hasn't been perfect, but he also had up to 18 points (+3tds, one of which would have negated a fg) taken off the board just last week from two wr drops (Robinson twice) and Graham not even trying to block the only guy on a fields run. Hitting all those plays would have likely pretty dramatically changed the narrative about him. 

I mean, we can always say that if a certain play went differently that the numbers would be a LOT different.  But that also applies across the board.  If you extrapolate the numbers (which again, as @Sugashane mentioned you're dealing with an incredibly small sample size) to a similar amount of attempts as Wilson and Lawrence (I'm using 77 as the average between Wilson and Lawrence), are their numbers too dissimilar?

Trevor Lawrence: 42-84, 50% completion percentage, 450 passing yards, 6.7 YPA, 4 passing TD, 5 INTs
Zach Wilson: 39-70, 55.7% completion percentage, 468 passing yards, 5.4 YPA, 2 passing TD, 5 INTs
Justin Fields: 41-77, 53.3% completion percentage, 359 passing yards, 5.7 YPA, 0 passing TD, 5 INTs

Again, it's obviously with the usual SSS qualifier, but Fields' numbers aren't too dissimilar to Fields and Lawrence.  But I think the only thing you could argue is that Fields hasn't shown the struggles in as many attempts as Lawrence and Wilson have.  But they're going to going to go through their struggles.  And before someone comes in here and say I'm dumping on Fields, I saw some good, some awful, but largely somewhere in the middle.  The Allen Robinson should have been TD was there, but the catch that Mooney should have that was in between the CB and S (I believe in the 3rd Q) was a really good throw by Fields.  As far as the ugly goes, the INT is a HUGE black eye and the should have been fumble when Fields was holding the ball without a care in the world sticks out.  It'll be interesting to see how he performs this weekend as the unquestioned starting QB.

• Like 3