Rookie QB class Watch

dll2000

Well looks like:

1) Trevor Lawrence

2) Zach Wilson

and now

3) Mac Jones 

Will not be sitting and watching and learning in 2021.   Sucks for them.  Really going to hurt their development.  

Media ripped on Fields a bit, but Mac Jones was hated by fans and media.   They were like please don't draft him!  He has lowest ceiling.   He sucks, he is fat, etc.  

They may be eating their words.

We will see when Trey and Fields play.   I think Fields is next up.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Well looks like:

1) Trevor Lawrence

2) Zach Wilson

and now

3) Mac Jones 

Will not be sitting and watching and learning in 2021.   Sucks for them.  Really going to hurt their development.  

Media ripped on Fields a bit, but Mac Jones was hated by fans and media.   They were like please don't draft him!  He has lowest ceiling.   He sucks, he is fat, etc.  

If the last pre season game of the 49ers is any indication, Trey Lance will play early and a good amount. Seems like Fields is going to be the last one to play, now it doesn't matter as long as he turns out to be what most thinks he will be.

They all showed a lot of promise in preseason, as well. Lawrence honestly probably looking like the worst one of the top 5, but also being in by far the worst situation

If all 5 continue playing as well as they did in preseason, this could end up being the greatest qb class of all time. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Well looks like:

1) Trevor Lawrence

2) Zach Wilson

and now

3) Mac Jones 

They will be eating their words about Jones. I think there is little chance he becomes the "best" guy out of the bunch, but there is a fantastic chance he becomes a franchise guy. 

And yeah, unless Shanahan has some sort of mental disconnect...Fields will be the next to start. I always figured that'd be around the mid-point of the season, but we're seein' all sorts of pundits declaring it will be the Lions game...so there might be something too that. 

Edited by Heinz D.

So the 2nd overall pick and the top QB, who is largely considered a once in a generation talent, are starting day one?! Color me shocked....

Jones has some work to do but he went to the best possible team he could've. Saban and Belly are longtime good friends so it was almost a forgone conclusion that if Mac was still there at 15(?) he was going to the Pats. 

Rookies generally struggle in year 1 but when Fields does eventually start and has a productive season then I want everyone who spent an entire offseason bitching about Fields not getting #1 reps to remember they did so and how it didn't matter in the end. Because I didn't see anything that suggests he will struggle with 1s when it's his time to take over.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, soulman said:

All that concerns me is that we got the best possible QB for us and I believe we have.  Now, if we can just get the best possible HC to coach him we should be set for at least the next 10 years.

Who needs the best possible coach when we have Club Dub?!?!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 8:53 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

So the 2nd overall pick and the top QB, who is largely considered a once in a generation talent, are starting day one?! Color me shocked....

Jones has some work to do but he went to the best possible team he could've. Saban and Belly are longtime good friends so it was almost a forgone conclusion that if Mac was still there at 15(?) he was going to the Pats. 

Rookies generally struggle in year 1 but when Fields does eventually start and has a productive season then I want everyone who spent an entire offseason bitching about Fields not getting #1 reps to remember they did so and how it didn't matter in the end. Because I didn't see anything that suggests he will struggle with 1s when it's his time to take over.

That isn't the point.  Maybe he will succeed without reps, but would the reps have helped?  

Imagine it was you.

Would you rather have the practice time with your offense with the 1s or just have to go out and play on a moments notice when number 1 fails after you have been running scout team for weeks?

Which is better way to get prepared to play?

If practice reps and timing isn't important to season and game preparation then why does Dalton need it?  He is a 12 year vet after all.   Why did Peyton Manning demand every practice rep 10 years in?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Look on the bright side.  At least running the scout team Feilds will get reps against a real good (hopefully) defense

And here I'll eat some crow.  I argued that Foles would run the scout team giving Fields time to keep getting reps with starters.

Pass the salt please.

• Like 2