Rookie QB class Watch

dll2000

On 9/21/2021 at 12:02 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

A once in a generational prospect and Wilson have 6 months of "1st team reps" and both start week 1 and both QBS regressed in week 2.

Fields comes in with no prep and outplays both of them.

Damn......those reps and starts really helped...

Has Fields really outplayed Lawrence or Wilson?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

@CBears019 what gives? I'm still waiting on my perk package!!!

***My auto correct made it pork package. Seems a way different vibe. Lmao

Need to give out a minimum 10 warnings and pass your yearly eval with webby for the perk package.

for the pork package…you gotta do some…other…things.  😐

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think that is a safe assumption but it is such a small sample size that its a worthless statement too. 

I don’t think you can say it one way or the other, with him starting this week though initial thoughts can and will start to form. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Situation also matters a lot. 

There's a reason Jacksonville and jets where picking 1 and 2, after all. 

I'd add that Jones hasn't been super aggressive with the ball in New England, which can skew results too.

Meanwhile Fields hasn't been perfect, but he also had up to 18 points (+3tds, one of which would have negated a fg) taken off the board just last week from two wr drops (Robinson twice) and Graham not even trying to block the only guy on a fields run. Hitting all those plays would have likely pretty dramatically changed the narrative about him. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I don’t think you can say it one way or the other, with him starting this week though initial thoughts can and will start to form. 

Definitely. I won't bother looking and really making any solid views until 5-6 starts. Even them context matters, since JAX and NYJ are poor rosters overall. Chicago isn't great but it's quite a bit ahead of either of them. Small reactions are naturally going top happen though week by week. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The best answer may be yes and no.

Purely on stats probably not but had one or two plays worked out just a shade differently he ends up with 2 TD passes and another rushing.

There was good like a beautiful on target deep ball to ARob that was dropped and his late game scramble to pick up a 1st down keeping the ball away from Cincy after they had scored twice and made the game very close.  That one run may have saved the game.

And there was bad.  Some mistimed passes, two procedure penalties in the red zone, getting suckered into throwing a pick deep in his own end.

The bad should be easily cleaned up with some time in working with his WR and just some additional game time.  The other factor would be that Fields was running Dalton's offense not one that was game planned for him.  Let's see how he does this week.  We'll have more data.

Edited by soulman