Tennessee Titans @ Seattle Seahawks -- Week 2

showtime

The Titans came into this season as one of the favorites in the AFC to reach the Superbowl, but they got smacked by the Cardinals last week. Their offensive line got dominated and Derrick Henry couldn't really impact the game.

Seattle's defense was solid last week, but the Colts don't have anywhere near the receiving weapons the Titans have or the running game. I don't know much about Tennessee's defense, but didn't look too great vs the Cardinals. Wilson is able to move around in the pocket well and Seattle has some good receiving options.

I have no clue how this game ends up. Any predictions?

Huge regression from last week. The 19 point cushion was a straight up mirage. Seattle's offense was pathetic. Everything they did well last week (misdirection, keeping the defense on their toes, motion, screens, easy completions etc) was not there. Its almost as if the Titans busted coverage was a trap. 17 of the 30 points came on 3 busted coverages. Seattle realistically had one sustained drive, and it was against a prevent defense in the last minute of the 1st half. The quick strike offense was a kinda of a double edge sword as is lead directly to Seattle defense being on the field for the entire game. They were GASSED. Played well for the first 2.5 quarters, then everything just feel apart. 

Honestly, this loss is on the offense. Piss Poor execution and ATROCIOUS 3rd down decision making. Seattle spent the entire game in 3rd and manageable, could barely pick up a single one. My prediction about growing pains with Waldren's system was a week early. It was on full display this week. 

530 yards given up isnt anything to dismiss, but honestly, Norton and the defense had a good scheme to begin with. Offensive put them in a unwinnable situation. You should be limiting Tannehill/Henry/Brown/Julio's opportunities. Instead they got 75 chances. WHAT THE HELL. My one grip was an old buggaboo Norton has. Conceding the middle of the field. Pass Rush wasn't good enough in the 2nd half to just surrender the underneath. Tannehill LIVED there for huge swaths of the 4th quarter. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:40 AM, animaltested said:

Huge regression from last week. The 19 point cushion was a straight up mirage. Seattle's offense was pathetic. Everything they did well last week (misdirection, keeping the defense on their toes, motion, screens, easy completions etc) was not there. Its almost as if the Titans busted coverage was a trap. 17 of the 30 points came on 3 busted coverages. Seattle realistically had one sustained drive, and it was against a prevent defense in the last minute of the 1st half. The quick strike offense was a kinda of a double edge sword as is lead directly to Seattle defense being on the field for the entire game. They were GASSED. Played well for the first 2.5 quarters, then everything just feel apart. 

Honestly, this loss is on the offense. Piss Poor execution and ATROCIOUS 3rd down decision making. Seattle spent the entire game in 3rd and manageable, could barely pick up a single one. My prediction about growing pains with Waldren's system was a week early. It was on full display this week. 

530 yards given up isnt anything to dismiss, but honestly, Norton and the defense had a good scheme to begin with. Offensive put them in a unwinnable situation. You should be limiting Tannehill/Henry/Brown/Julio's opportunities. Instead they got 75 chances. WHAT THE HELL. My one grip was an old buggaboo Norton has. Conceding the middle of the field. Pass Rush wasn't good enough in the 2nd half to just surrender the underneath. Tannehill LIVED there for huge swaths of the 4th quarter. 

Yeah agreed. Henry played a great game, but that's what he does. The defense played well enough to win the game, especially with the lead they had. The offense had stretches were they were bad. Like that OT possession was so awful. All they did was went backwards which pretty much ended the game.

Great points all around @animaltested

Though I will say we were up 30-16 with ~10 minutes left. The defense needs to take some serious blame here. Our "All-Pro" safety was invisible while the other team's best player is rumbling on us. If I'm trading two 1st round picks & handing a $17m/yr contract to a guy, he better be able to step up and showcase an enforcers mentality when the defense needs it. I'm also surprised Tre Flowers is still employed as I type this sentence. The guy looks LOST in coverage and I think it's time to squash the idea of him transitioning from safety. We need to get Sidney Jones in there at this point. 

10 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Great points all around @animaltested

Though I will say we were up 30-16 with ~10 minutes left. The defense needs to take some serious blame here. Our "All-Pro" safety was invisible while the other team's best player is rumbling on us. If I'm trading two 1st round picks & handing a $17m/yr contract to a guy, he better be able to step up and showcase an enforcers mentality when the defense needs it. I'm also surprised Tre Flowers is still employed as I type this sentence. The guy looks LOST in coverage and I think it's time to squash the idea of him transitioning from safety. We need to get Sidney Jones in there at this point. 

You'll get no counters from me here. I hate the way KNJ uses Adams; especially with Neal, Blair and Amadi on the roster. Just use Adams as an offball Linebacker. Does Seattle really need Cody Barton and Jordyn Brooks playing like 94% of snaps? With Adams and Blairs run stopping ability, no reason you couldnt go with 1 LB looks on running downs. Let Taylor line up more with his hand in the dirt, have JA play some of that Bruce Irvin role instead. That way Mayowa isnt playing more than 60% and probably much more efficient. 

Edited by animaltested

Jamal is being paid as a pass rusher/off ball LB, use him like one. Stick him in the box, have him focus on erasing TE's, blitzing from different spots, let him clean up garbage around the LOS, be a bully in the middle of the field on passing downs. Like, this shouldnt be this hard to maximize his strengths. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, animaltested said:

Jamal is being paid as a pass rusher/off ball LB, use him like one. Stick him in the box, have him focus on erasing TE's, blitzing from different spots, let him clean up garbage around the LOS, be a bully in the middle of the field on passing downs. Like, this shouldnt be this hard to maximize his strengths. 

This. He’s at his best processing near the LOS and serving that rover role. Putting him in coverage is sacrificing another more equipped player in coverage.