Ravens LT Ronnie Stanley out this week and possibly “far longer”

.Buzz

18 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Thank you for your reasonable response. It is curious though that you found Lamar to be "objectively bad" when you acknowledge that he improved an offense that, prior to him starting, was about average. Wouldn't it have gotten worse if he was objectively bad?   

Not necessarily, considering the dynamic shift in offense and lack of tape etc. Some might argue there is a rallying moment behind a young QB (or really any backup). Some might argue a run heavy approach helps the defense more so than Flacco going 3 and out (half kidding). Blah blah who knows and maybe none of it’s true. 

Regardless, this is missing the bigger point. I’m willing to give him the “intangibles” credit for wins and I understand poor passing isn’t the whole story. But…it kinda is lol.

Because no matter how much I try, I just personally can’t attribute enough intangible + team success points to cover up his total stats to not call that a bad year.

Maybe I’m in minority idk, but I didn’t think I was. 

Edited by Soggust

3 hours ago, Soggust said:

Maybe I’m in minority idk, but I didn’t think I was. 

You're not. Just a select group would argue it.

The Ravens defense stepped up late in the season, offensively I don't think there was much of a points scored difference on offense between Flacco and Lamar but as a team they scored more because of defensive and special teams scores.

Edited by Thomas5737

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You're not. Just a select group would argue it.

The Ravens defense stepped up late in the season, offensively I don't think there was much of a points scored difference on offense between Flacco and Lamar but as a team they scored more because of defensive and special teams scores.

There's like a million other stats along with the eye test that could tell anyone that as soon as Lamar took over the team, our offense instantly transformed from pathetic to actually formidable. The most notable IIRC was time of possession along with rushing yards/game and points per drive (I think it was ppd). Offense sustaining drives and chewing clock while scoring more points with Lamar helped our defense stay fresh, so they naturally performed better as well.