Week 05 2021 - GDT - Saints (2-2) @ The Washington Football Team (2-2)

Mid Iowa

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t think this can be understated… we’re adding significant talent after this bye week 

^^^Exactly^^^
I'll be the first to admit, I've been hard on our guys because I HATE losing, period.
That said, to think that our guys have accomplished 3-2 (and as mentioned earlier, probably should be 4-1) with most of these guys missing since week 1... well, that's saying something.

And it's not like we're missing a 3rd string RB or a 4th Safety, all but 3 of these guys are #1 players.

This bye week came at the perfect time, and I'm excited to see how we come out of the gates week 7. 

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

This team can win or lose against anyone. Fortunately, the defense is very legit...and frankly will likely only get better. Davenport and Onyemata may be our best to pass rushers at this point.

No doubt these guys are really good, but I think Jordan is still a force. The issue is, when we don't have the Davenports or the Onyematas for other teams to focus on, Jordan gets a double team, sometimes a triple team.

I'd like to see all 3 on the field for this defense, along with Kwon before I stick a fork in any of the other defenders. The post earlier of the list of guys that are out was really eye opening for me. I knew of all these injuries, but to see a list, it was jaw dropping. I'm excited to see what can happen in weeks 7,8,9... 

40 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

No doubt these guys are really good, but I think Jordan is still a force. The issue is, when we don't have the Davenports or the Onyematas for other teams to focus on, Jordan gets a double team, sometimes a triple team.

I'd like to see all 3 on the field for this defense, along with Kwon before I stick a fork in any of the other defenders. The post earlier of the list of guys that are out was really eye opening for me. I knew of all these injuries, but to see a list, it was jaw dropping. I'm excited to see what can happen in weeks 7,8,9... 

Jordan has definitely lost a step. He is still a great well rounded guy...but I don't think that his declining sack numbers are a coincidence. 

• Like 2