Laviska Shenault

brownie man

I love Viska but he’s an odd player. From the sounds of it wasn’t getting a ton of separation after being out outside rather than in the slot.

I agree he needs to get the ball more but he’s not a prototypical receiver/has his flaws.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I love Viska but he’s an odd player. From the sounds of it wasn’t getting a ton of separation after being out outside rather than in the slot.

I agree he needs to get the ball more but he’s not a prototypical receiver/has his flaws.

He was in for 77% of the plays on offense. Genuinely, I didn’t know If he was playing or not until they made a spectacle of him going on the field late in the game. Dude was completely invisible out there, just doing nothing of value outside of the big play.

Would be nice to see him used more, but he’s gotta help himself there. It’s also pretty obvious that Trevor likes Marvin and Arnold better as targets, and Agnew and Austin were doing a lot of the types of plays that you’d generally expect to see drawn up for Shenault, and they did better at those this week than he has at any point this season.

Hopefully he figures it out soon because this offense isn’t gonna ever get into a groove if he and Tyron continue to do next to nothing all game long.

I think he's a guy who would be a really interesting player on a stacked offense or with someone like Andy Reid who could find creative ways to get him the ball.  He's just not able to create space for himself as a route runner, and lacks the speed to be used in the typical ways like end arounds.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

He was in for 77% of the plays on offense. Genuinely, I didn’t know If he was playing or not until they made a spectacle of him going on the field late in the game. Dude was completely invisible out there, just doing nothing of value outside of the big play.

Would be nice to see him used more, but he’s gotta help himself there. It’s also pretty obvious that Trevor likes Marvin and Arnold better as targets, and Agnew and Austin were doing a lot of the types of plays that you’d generally expect to see drawn up for Shenault, and they did better at those this week than he has at any point this season.

Hopefully he figures it out soon because this offense isn’t gonna ever get into a groove if he and Tyron continue to do next to nothing all game long.

Sounds like he was a key blocker on several of James Robinsons runs, especially the 58 yarder, fwiw.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, .Buzz said:

Sounds like he was a key blocker on several of James Robinsons runs, especially the 58 yarder, fwiw.

Unfortunately for the op and those like him, a key block does not help his fantasy football team. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 2:43 PM, .Buzz said:

This is the thing with Shenault.  I love what he was in college, and the idea of what he could be as a Pro.  But he's a weird player, and has been from the start.  He's like a FB trapped in a chonky WR body with TE instincts.  Actually using that appropriately, to get the most out of it...it's not something that strictly fits into a normal, standard fare sort of NFL offense.  You have to actually get creative with it.  In a constructive and deliberate way.  Instead of just like...inventing new ways to make a completely mess of things.

There are only a handful of staffs in the NFL that i'd have a high degree of confidence in using him to his fullest capacity.  And ours is definitely not one of them.