What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I blew threw all 8 seasons of Dexter.  When I initially watched, I binged seasons 1-4 then I caught seasons 5-8 live, meaning I had to watch one per week.  Dexter is definitely a show that is better when you can watch multiple episodes at a time.  Having 6 days in between to analyze how inferior seasons 5-8 were made it less enjoyable.  This time binging them all pretty quickly I was able to enjoy it more.  

Seasons 7 and 8 were pretty good, minus the god awful last episode.  Season 6 could have been great and I thought Season 5 sucked.  5 and 6 lost the threat of Dexter getting caught (by someone other than family).  Villains were lackluster.  And worst of all, Dexter made a bunch of idiotic decisions that were very out of character.  Seasons 5 and 6 were completely standalone stories without much impact on the overall story.  The religion was forced in Season 6, the twist was kind of obvious.  

All time great show but like GoT the ending and average back end of the series keeps it from being one of the best.