Jets QB Zach Wilson out 2 weeks with PCL Sprain

RaidersAreOne

I wonder if Peyton Manning would have been hounded by the Colts fans masses his rookie year to see the bench when at one point he had thrown 14 INTs as opposed to 6 TDs. Damn, fans be trippin, dippin, and slippin on rookie quarterbacks at a crazy rate. Fields and Wilson's heads are already on the chopping block when before the season the masses said he they needed to start from day one. Even with Jimmy G playing bad, I wouldn't be surprised if Lance got his turn to have mud thrown in his face if the losses started to pile up after a few stints as the field general. The "plan of the fan" always makes sense until you stack one too many L's. Then heads have to roll regardless of circumstance.  Barbarism is a hell of a drug. :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

11 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I wonder if Peyton Manning would have been hounded by the Colts fans masses his rookie year to see the bench when at one point he had thrown 14 INTs as opposed to 6 TDs. Damn, fans be trippin, dippin, and slippin on rookie quarterbacks at a crazy rate. Fields and Wilson's heads are already on the chopping block when before the season the masses said he they needed to start from day one. Even with Jimmy G playing bad, I wouldn't be surprised if Lance got his turn to have mud thrown in his face if the losses started to pile up after a few stints as the field general. The "plan of the fan" always makes sense until you stack one too many L's. Then heads have to roll regardless of circumstance.  Barbarism is a hell of a drug. :)

I'm not advocating we move on from Wilson. I'm just saying let the kid sit and learn. He's not Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, and to expect him to go out there and start taking over games is silly. I'm starving for wins just as much as the next Jets fan, but man we need to start being patient with these young QBs. We can't expect every QB we draft to be the elite outlier.

• Like 2