Jets QB Zach Wilson out 2 weeks with PCL Sprain

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Good. Kid needed to find the bench anyway. Put Josh Johnson in at QB so we can have someone on offense that has any level of experience since neither our HC nor our oc do.

28 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Good. He needs to sit and watch. Kinda wish they'd let him just sit the rest of the season and learn before being thrown back into this mess of a team.

Gotta say, this is a lot different than the "has to play/start/take his lumps" chants with rookie quarterbacks from the fans. Has Wilson been that bad? 

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Gotta say, this is a lot different than the "has to play/start/take his lumps" chants with rookie quarterbacks from the fans. Has Wilson been that bad? 

Yes - a resounding yes. His physical tools are great and he can definitely throw the ball, but it's overshadowed by his inability to read a defense. He's running out of the pocket well before it collapses instead of stepping up, finding receivers late, and trying to play too much hero ball. It hasn't helped that he has an inexperienced coaching staff leading the way either.

I'm over trial by fire. Zach literally has 0 people to lean on to grow. He doesn't have a veteran QB in the locker room, he doesn't have an experienced OC, and his QB coach passed in the offseason. We're asking him to shoulder way too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Missing these live reps is rough for a guy already in the fire. 

Yup. As bad as he has looked, it is better to get him reps now when there are 0 expectations for the team. Let him make his mistakes, get used to the speed of the game, and build a rapport with some receivers. Missing 2 weeks isn't a huge deal, but it is still less than ideal.

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yes he has been that bad. But also, I don't believe in taking rookie lumps. He and virtually every rookie QB should sit for a year.  I think that time spent learning the NFL game behind a competent NFL QB is a massive boon for any QB prospects.

Wilson should have never been slotted as QB one with no veteran coaching and no veteran QB. It was monumentally stupid 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drew39k said:

Yes he has been that bad. But also, I don't believe in taking rookie lumps. He and virtually every rookie QB should sit for a year.  I think that time spent learning the NFL game behind a competent NFL QB is a massive boon for any QB prospects.

Wilson should have never been slotted as QB one with no veteran coaching and no veteran QB. It was monumentally stupid 

That's my perspective as a fan. Guess I'm more old school. I'm more worried about year 2-10, not the first year. Obviously get the guy some play time, but just transitioning from the college ranks to the NFL arena is a big step for a rookie. Probably a lot of little things you really have to get used to let alone playing in games.