5 game win streak (after 0-2 start)

Mid Iowa

What can I say? With the way these guys are playing now, I just don't know what to think week after week.

The Saints have the 2nd best win streak in the NFL (Eagles) and have done it against some pretty decent teams.

The Saints only losses have come from the #1 team in the NFC North; (Vikings) and #2 in the NFC, and the #1 team in the AFC (Patriots).
The Eagles only loss comes from the 5-2 Chiefs, who beat the Eagles well before their playmakers started dropping like flies.

Remember when we were all talking about "if we could go 4-4, we might make better than 7-9"? Well, 7-9 is still on the table, I guess, but with the confidence this new defense is showing, and the continuous show of offensive weapons, I don't see us dropping a bad game any time soon.

My biggest game of concern comes in 2 weeks, we'll travel to Buffalo (5-2) and face their stout defense which is #2 in points allowed (115) (Saints #10). The Bills are also #2 in interceptions, and #1 in forces fumbles (Saints #5 & #4). This game will show us where we stand in the NFL as a whole. Play it close/win, we are a serious contender. Lose by 7 or more, I'd say we've been getting lucky.

I'm diggin' these Saints and what they've become this year. I have also parked my "fire Sean Payton" bus, for now, as I've seen a different style to his play calling. He slipped in the 2nd half yesterday, but that was due in large part to Mark Ingram having the worst game of his pro career (fumble wise).

Clean up the miscues, and this team is going far and deep!!

I expect us to lose to Buffalo honestly.  If it was at home maybe not, but @Buffalo we not gonna win.  Our offense isn't setting the world on fire like it has been, and Buffalo's defense is just too good. We have Redskins and @ Rams in that same stretch.  Really no easy games this year.  If we make the playoffs, we will have earned it.

Basically we just have to win 5 of the next 9 weeks and we are pretty much a lock for the playoffs. Here's our remaining schedule and how I think it will play out

Bucs- Win

Bills- Loss

Redskins- Win

Rams- Loss 

Panthers- Win

Falcons- Loss

Jets- Win

Falcons-Win

Bucs- Win

I think by the end of the season we end up 11-5

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Basically we just have to win 5 of the next 9 weeks and we are pretty much a lock for the playoffs. Here's our remaining schedule and how I think it will play out

Bucs- Win

Bills- Loss

Redskins- Win

Rams- Loss 

Panthers- Win

Falcons- Loss

Jets- Win

Falcons-Win

Bucs- Win

I think by the end of the season we end up 11-5

I say we sweep the South. Matt Ryan hasn't seen this Defense, and we always play up on him. 

That said, oddly enough, 11-5 or 12-4. I'm still questioning the dang 'Skins.

5 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Haha, are you sure we won't finish somewhere between 5-11 and 14-2?

You never know...

I just think it's possible for us to split each division game and possibly lose a couple on the road. You never know which team is going to catch fire. 

1 hour ago, JMG5 said:

You never know...

I just think it's possible for us to split each division game and possibly lose a couple on the road. You never know which team is going to catch fire. 

Even splitting the whole division, which seems unlikely with how the rest of the South is playing, that would put us at 7-5, not counting the remaining 4 games of the season.  I put down 10-6 as our record for this season, I'm sticking with it, though 11-5 definitely looks possible as I expected us to be 4-3 at this point, not 5-2, as the Rodgers injury gave us an extra win.

Winning that Packers game really helped us.  I think everyone had that game pegged as a surefire loss before the season.  @ Lambeau with a healthy Rodgers.  

If we can win @ Bills and @ Rams, I say we have what it takes to make a deep playoff run.

I don't expect us to win out, so that means we gotta lose at some point.

Archived