GDT - Week 8 - "Not really a big challenge"

Hunter2_1

8 hours ago, Apparition said:

bad goal line playcalling really took him out of rhythm for most of the game.

Play calling questionable all game, offensively. 

It seemed either all or very little. Unless Lac were camped in the middle of the middle and forced it

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They barely blitzed too, a lot of 4 man rush pressure which is good to see. 

Yeah I'm wrong there, I thought we blitzed a lot, but actually it was just different looks and good disguises. Also, Dak carved us up with lateral plays (like Drive, for example) this time, LAC tried it in first drive, completed it but only for 4 yards before KVN blew it up - carried the route all the way. We learned.....

IBWT

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah I'm wrong there, I thought we blitzed a lot, but actually it was just different looks and good disguises. Also, Dak carved us up with lateral plays (like Drive, for example) this time, LAC tried it in first drive, completed it but only for 4 yards before KVN blew it up - carried the route all the way. We learned.....

IBWT

I think Ekelers injury leading up to this game may have effected their our of the back field game plan. They also just dont have that in their bag really. 

Mac missed some throws yesterday he can and should make. The deep throw to NA in the deep left corner stands out. 

When he makes those consistently we will be a good team.

Uche and Dugger have been meh. They will solid players for us for the foreseeable future but stars might be a stretch. 

Phillips and Judos have been A+ signings.

Harris is a top 10 RB easily.

We badly need some new linebackers. Neither of Bentley or Hightower are good (anymore).

The young player I'm most excited about is Myles Bryant. This guy will be another UDFA steal. He looks like a lockdown slot corner. Making Jones expendable.

8 hours ago, Apparition said:

I wonder what the Derrick Henry injury does to the Pats' playoff chances. That matchup with the Titans became a lot more winnable. Maybe it's enough to get them to 10 wins.

I was thinking our peers for the WC are probably Cleveland, LAC, Titans or Colts.

Cleveland are imploding, we've already beaten LAC, Titans will begin to lose again, and Indie aren't that good....

We CAN do this. Need to go on a run though

17 minutes ago, m haynes said:

What, are you crazy  their QB is so good he can throw with both hands!

USATSI_17068529-e1635809030961.jpg?w=560

Even god can't save those ridiculous shovel balls that are getting intercepted.

He is providing them with a highlight reel of DPI though....DPI is their best performing offensive player, for sure :D 

• Like 1

We can get to 10 wins if Mac makes those throws he missed vs LAC. Our defense isn't elite but it's good. The OL has been playing better, maybe acquire a deep threat today but the weapons are solid. Harris is really good. I was pretty pessimistic after the 1-3 start but the last 2 games have been a pleasant surprise.

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I was thinking our peers for the WC are probably Cleveland, LAC, Titans or Colts.

Cleveland are imploding, we've already beaten LAC, Titans will begin to lose again, and Indie aren't that good....

We CAN do this. Need to go on a run though

Too early to be thinking in terms of horse race. I'm looking at the schedule. The next four games are @CAR, CLE, @ATL, TEN

All four are definitely winnable if the Pats play relatively mistake-free. That could have them going into a stretch of 2 Buffalo games in 4 weeks, with @IND and a bye in between. And then they close out with two bad opponents, although @MIA is always tough. I could definitely see 10 wins for this team. Maybe 11.

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Too early to be thinking in terms of horse race. I'm looking at the schedule. The next four games are @CAR, CLE, @ATL, TEN

All four are definitely winnable if the Pats play relatively mistake-free. That could have them going into a stretch of 2 Buffalo games in 4 weeks, with @IND and a bye in between. And then they close out with two bad opponents, although @MIA is always tough. I could definitely see 10 wins for this team. Maybe 11.

I’d be throwing in at least one unexpected loss as well. Whether that’s Cleveland or Miami again or this week in Carolina. 

I think 8 or 9 still, but I’m a pessimist