Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

2 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Yes and No.
Yes we had depended on our TEs, Renfrow and RBs yesterday, but the Redzone issue must have been there the whole time, because Ruggs was never a threat in the redzone imho. Ruggs helped to move the chains, but he was never the go-to-guy in the redzone. At least I can't remember he was ever used that much in the redzone.

Like Chucky would've said:
"I want better f***ing execution"

You're absolutely correct. The red zone issue isn't new. Carr being so inaccurate is. Ruggs had 1 target in the RZ in 2021 so it's not a factor. The offense moved the ball yesterday but couldn't finish. They still would have won if Carr can hit a wide open Waller in the EZ and doesn't throw that pick 6. If the 1st one happens, i don't think he forces that throw on the pick 6.

Saw somewhere that they rarely ran the ball in the red zone (2 att. iirc) after their 1st trip there for a TD. Maybe try to run it more, especially when the running game was effective yesterday.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

It doesn't matter who was playing WR yesterday when you look at the throws Carr attempted their way.

Carr definitely had an off game but I think some of that can be attributed to not really trusting Zay/Edwards to get open or catch 50/50 balls against one of the better CB duos in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s gonna be an important rest of the season for Edwards. Dude makes some flash plays here and there then will go quiet for weeks. Yesterday was very disappointing. He was out there just doing cardio the whole game. Need to show up every week. 

Yeah a very disappointing game for Edwards, when he has been on he has looked great but then he just disappears. One thing that I've noticed with him is that he doesn't seem to get great seperation so most of his targets are contested catches into tight windows. 

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

It doesn't matter who was playing WR yesterday when you look at the throws Carr attempted their way.

I’m trying not to beat down on carr cause the whole hr3 thing but you’re right. overthrows, under throws, bad decisions etc etc typical nov Carr. one time in the red zone the camera zoomed in on Carr’s face and he had that deer in headlights look. I’ll try to take a pic of it when I rewatch it. Carr was shook all day.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m trying not to beat down on carr cause the whole hr3 thing but you’re right. overthrows, under throws, bad decisions etc etc typical nov Carr. one time in the red zone the camera zoomed in on Carr’s face and he had that deer in headlights look. I’ll try to take a pic of it when I rewatch it. Carr was shook all day.

I'm not beating down on him either but that loss is 100% on him. Zay Jones had 1 catch on 4 targets and the one he caught was the only one he had a shot at. 2 were way out of bounds and there's no WR in the world catching those. The 3rd one was the 2nd pick.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm not beating down on him either but that loss is 100% on him. Zay Jones had 1 catch on 4 targets and the one he caught was the only one he had a shot at. 2 were way out of bounds and there's no WR in the world catching those. The 3rd one was the 2nd pick.

I think that our lack of willingness to even try to attack them on the boundary from the jump hurt us. They knew we were just trying to target the TE's, backs, and Renfrow short over the middle.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

I agree defense gave the offense chance after chance to close the game. After the carr pick 6 I knew it was over. Defense only gave up 16 points and we still lost. That Waller missed td should’ve been game over that hurts the most he was wide open carr has to make that play

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I agree defense gave the offense chance after chance to close the game. After the carr pick 6 I knew it was over. Defense only gave up 16 points and we still lost. That Waller missed td should’ve been game over that hurts the most he was wide open carr has to make that play

Yes, missing Waller changed the game. NYG scored 13 points in the 2nd half with 10 points coming off Carr's picks. The D gave up the least yards so far this season. The running game was over 100 yards at 5.8 yds/carry. Carr was sacked once. I'd say the team had a good game. But Carr was terrible.

• Like 1

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Yes, missing Waller changed the game. NYG scored 13 points in the 2nd half with 10 points coming off Carr's picks. The D gave up the least yards so far this season. The running game was over 100 yards at 5.8 yds/carry. Carr was sacked once. I'd say the team had a good game. But Carr was terrible.

Which was surprising because he was playing at an MVP level up until this game.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I'm giving him a pass due to circumstances.

The rest of the team showed up to play and one of the main reasons he was being mentioned in the MVP discussion was because of how well he had played despite the adversity surrounding the team. He has a chance to redeem himself over the next few games though.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The rest of the team showed up to play and one of the main reasons he was being mentioned in the MVP discussion was because of how well he had played despite the adversity surrounding the team. He has a chance to redeem himself over the next few games though.

As the leader of the team, i think all the off field stuff is bound to have more of an impact on him. He's the one who has to find a way to regroup the whole roster when **** happens. The rest of the players can focus on themselves. QB is also more mentally demanding.

• Like 2