Week 9 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (4-3) vs. Cincinnati Bengals (3-4) - TEAL RETURNS

.Buzz

Just now, Tugboat said:

Anyway.  Less confident about their ability to get this job done now.  Still basically comes down to Blake not screwing up too badly, and the defense balling out.  Same as always.  Just need Ivory/Yeldon to be decent on top of that now too.

Don't mind the Linder/Shatley shuffle.  Makes sense to me, considering the situation.  Don't really care that Linder is making the big bucks...as long as he's locking down some spot along that interior of the line.

Let him take geno out

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Like what the heck man?  As though Fournette went on a personal bye week vacation or something and didn't bother to tell anybody.  xD

I think there’s more than just him disappearing for a bit too. Or at least more than just the three instances we saw.

6 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Because of the new rules, as of the last few years, alternate helmets are not allowed.

I cannot for the life of me get any truly reasonable explanation for this rule though. It’s *supposed* to be because players would use old style helmets that aren’t as safe as current generation ones, but why not just require that the player use their same helmet with a different paint job?

Many things in the NFL don't make sense. This is just a prime example. What kind of nonsense is this? Do they just want to piss off the fans and players? Sheesh. 

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I think there’s more than just him disappearing for a bit too. Or at least more than just the three instances we saw.

Probably.  Not sure why he'd just blow everything off like that if there isn't something more to it, somehow.  What a strange, cruddy thing altogether though.

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Don't mind the Linder/Shatley shuffle.  Makes sense to me, considering the situation.  Don't really care that Linder is making the big bucks...as long as he's locking down some spot along that interior of the line.

I don’t mind moving him. My biggest issue is that because Cann got hurt Thursday, he basically didn’t practice there at all in the lead up. I don’t think he’s ever played next to Shatley, so how they work together this week could be less than ideal if they have some miscommunications. Hopefully he slides in there with no problem though. 

If Cann is gone for a couple weeks, this is definitely a necessity though. And he being there inspires much more confidence than whoever they would have played at RG.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

I don’t mind moving him. My biggest issue is that because Cann got hurt Thursday, he basically didn’t practice there at all in the lead up. I don’t think he’s ever played next to Shatley, so how they work together this week could be less than ideal if they have some miscommunications. Hopefully he slides in there with no problem though. 

If Cann is gone for a couple weeks, this is definitely a necessity though. And he being there inspires much more confidence than whoever they would have played at RG.

I doubt they've practiced any more beside each other with Linder at C and Shatley at RG though.  So getting your best 5 available on the field together, was probably always going to be the case right?

2 minutes ago, Jags said:

Many things in the NFL don't make sense. This is just a prime example. What kind of nonsense is this? Do they just want to piss off the fans and players? Sheesh. 

It’s a perfect example of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Most of the stuff, I kinda get even if I don’t agree with.

Make the player use the same style helmet they usually wear, with exceptions for players who get exceptions for changes from the team doctors/health staff. Don’t just completely remove a fun part of the game as some sort of extreme overcorrection.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

It’s a perfect example of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Most of the stuff, I kinda get even if I don’t agree with.

Make the player use the same style helmet they usually wear, with exceptions for players who get exceptions for changes from the team doctors/health staff. Don’t just completely remove a fun part of the game as some sort of extreme overcorrection.

Sound like Bungie/ Destiny Franchise. Sorry I'm really salty about this game right now.

Archived