Bears 2022 Wide Receiver Watch

soulman

20 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This guy has been pretty on with previous info

https://twitter.com/PodGuyFuges/status/1501571871359315977?s=20&t=hjORI4xOuSVkmzJ_LZqZ-g

Couple notes I was texted today: -#Bears and #Raiders showing interest in DJ Chark -#Patriots love Cooper and are interested in Robinson -#Seahawks are trying to package a deal for Watson as his case is likely settled before the season -#Giants love Trubisky

D.J Chark would be a solid add.

I think they have no choice but to get an upper tier youngish free agent WR given roster and draft situation. 

On 3/10/2022 at 8:05 AM, dll2000 said:

I think they have no choice but to get an upper tier youngish free agent WR given roster and draft situation. 

Dunno. This draft is deep at WR, you could spend both seconds and be in REALLY good shape.

That's not what I'd do, I'd sign a guy then draft a guy, but going all in on early picks could work. We don't know Poles well enough yet to gauge how he'll view things. 

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Dunno. This draft is deep at WR, you could spend both seconds and be in REALLY good shape.

That's not what I'd do, I'd sign a guy then draft a guy, but going all in on early picks could work. We don't know Poles well enough yet to gauge how he'll view things. 

I can’t see them going into draft weekend still having just Mooney and Dazz at WR. That approach would force us to have to take WRs even if they weren’t BPA. I’m hoping Poles doesn’t wants to force picks the way Pace did. They’ll sign someone. How good that someone is? That’s the multi-million dollar question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I can’t see them going into draft weekend still having just Mooney and Dazz at WR. That approach would force us to have to take WRs even if they weren’t BPA. I’m hoping Poles doesn’t wants to force picks the way Pace did. They’ll sign someone. How good that someone is? That’s the multi-million dollar question.

It's just...I mean...I hope you're right? We'll see.

I can't say that relying on the draft is a horrible move, though. 

25 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It's just...I mean...I hope you're right? We'll see.

I can't say that relying on the draft is a horrible move, though. 

It’s a good long term move at the position. I agree wholeheartedly with that. I’d have concerns about expecting two 2nd round WRs (assuming we went that way in the draft) both contributing well in top 3 roles with a developing QB though, and even if they did we need to add bodies to fill those bottom spots unless they plan to have WR5 be like Isaiah Coulter. I think our top 3 to open the season will be Mooney, a FA of some kind and a rookie from R2/3. 

• Like 1