Halo TV Show (Paramount+ 2022) - Canceled after two seasons at Paramount. To be shopped to other streamers.

MikeT14

I thought one thing that they did well was show why they suppress emotions for the Spartans - Kai basically froze up during combat, whereas MC prioritizes saving individual lives (and a bit of anger) over the mission objective. It'll be interesting to see what the next episode brings.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Not buying for a second that untrained teenage Kwan Ha gets the drop on a dude who trained as a Spartan.

is she untrained? She was the daughter of a freedom fighter leader and she was on her home turf. Also that dude hasn't been a Spartan in decades. Yea, the physical bumps are there but he's been living the cushy life with a family. The gap is probably still there, but maybe not as big 

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the action scene. In fact, I watched it again which is not something I usually do. MC is a badass - the rest of the Spartans are kinda meh. I have no idea how the humans haven’t gotten crushed yet. John is one guy and he was handled by the Wookie Brute pretty easily. 

still don’t care about Kwan or Soren and the acting is rough at times but the action and world building are very good. Hope to see more.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

She was telling him an awful lot of truths when talking to MC.  I wonder if her agenda is really aligned with the Covenant or if there are more personal motivations.

I felt she was only revealing as much as was needed for her mission. She was prepared to fight her way to MC before that... event occurred. That said, I agree that she may not be fully committed to the Covenant, and she's the one true wildcard in the show at the moment.

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Oh yeah, that was good.

I agree that Makee is not 100% aligned with the Covenant and MC can convert her with that Spartan you know what. 

Is Makee in the games or books?

Haven't played the more recent games, and been over a decade since I read the books, but I don't recall any humans working for the Covenant... and for that matter, I don't recall MC having 'extra' abilities either. From the books he determined the coin flips based on his quick vision and reflexes, and was basically the elite 0.01% of children - he beat all the other kids in a king of the hill game, whereas the show demonstrated his strength by holding onto that boy, which admittedly did a great job, but at the same time that kid was so scrawny in build 🤣

• Like 1

The upside is that Kwan Ha at least has something of a storyline now.  The downside is that they just dedicated an entire episode to the least interesting part of the show.  The "ancestor walk" was a cool effect.  We still don't even know what she is protecting though.  I assume it's the "heavy water".  They've done everything short of calling it Spice, lol.

• Like 1

Is a "Protector" something from Halo lore? I've watched some videos on YouTube about the world and haven't heard about it. It does add some intrigue to Kwan's storyline but I kept hoping they would switch to the other one. Those mystics' costumes were pretty bad, too.

Spoiler

I wonder if her family is responsible with protecting some forerunner or precursor tech?