Any other confirmation of this?

Heinz D.

Probably BS,  would be insane to let this slip out before it's ready with a personal visit unless it was to scare off some other potential buyer. Timing feels wonky to me to; make the big move to AH right in the middle of a sale? Too messy.  

Besides, dude's goin sailing: https://www.geekwire.com/2021/see-worthy-first-look-jeff-bezos-reported-500m-superyacht-netherlands-shipyard/

7 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I suppose it's not out of the question but would the McCaskeys ever sell while Ginny is still alive?

The most recent number I've seen puts the value of the franchise at $4.05 bil.  That's pocket change for Bezos.

Edited by soulman

I HOPE SO!!! ANYBODY!! Even if it is Jeff Bozo. 

It would make sense with Amazon reaching Thursday night deals with the NFL these last few seasons and continuing to try to dig into the pockets of CBS and NBC to get more games.  I think the owners saw streaming as the wave of the future and have just used TNF as a way to gauge how it perform viewership/ratings wise to determine where they would go from there in the future.  TNF has done pretty well too. So it would make sense if Bezos took over a team (even if it's only 40% ownership or so) while also pushing his brand into a multi-billion dollar a year investment.

It's also worth noting that NGS (Next Gen Stats) is owned by the NFL but operated using Amazon's propriety platform too (something CBS/NBC can't offer).  And I hope the NFL continues to expand on it too and having an owner who is counting on his investment would put more effort into further development in terms of NGS too.

On 11/19/2021 at 7:34 AM, abstract_thought said:

This is oddly reminiscent of when Mark Cuban tried to buy the Cubs. But a few reporters have written that Bezos isn’t interested in owning an NFL team.

Really? Huh. I've read the opposite. That did strike me as weird, though. Bezos is wrapped up in so many other projects, it's hard to imagine he'd set aside the time to own a franchise...