Week 11: Up(s) and Downs

NateDawg

About sums it up.

I'd also add the Hammer to the down list.

Also, I love Stefanski, but he's definitely shown some flaws this season. This is a game where we should have ran the ball nonstop with Chubb and Johnson. Eat the clock and make them pass it to make up for lost time, which would neutralize Swift. We closed the game with Chubb, but there were too many instances in the game where we went away from the run.

Up

1. Toughness.  After years of watching guys give a “professional effort” it’s nice to see guys willing to battle.  Mayfield, Landry, Wills, etc.

2. Chubb.  Most consistent dude I’ve seen in a long time. Comes to play every week.

3. Johnson.  He’s a good player, not just a product of the system.  Needs to be our 2nd back and let Hunt work primarily in the passing game.

4. Teller highlights. Jesus he just obliterates people.

5. The defense?  Not a tough matchup, but they did their job. 

Bonus!: we won and a win is a win. Ugly, pretty, they all count the same. 

Down

1. Toughness.  Pride is getting the better of mayfield and juice rn.

2. Lack of blitzing.  Thank sweet baby Jesus we have good corners. 

3. wide receivers.  Not their fault tbh. These guys should be playing ST and sub packages, but they stink. 

4. Offensive game plan.  This is Tressel era conservative. I get the personnel limitations, but we’re not gonna see another 7 man box until we prove we can win over the top. Baltimore has to be licking my their chops.

5. The Scottish…Hammer??. He has no nuance to his game. It’s a 60 yard punt or an awful attempt at pinning teams.  We really need a more consistent, professional punter. 

Bonus!

6. Energy.  This team looked flat af again.  Almost bothered to be out there.  Some scrappy efforts mixed with a lot of dudes who seemed disinterested.  The defense succeeded based on talent alone, but the effort I saw was no bueno. 

Bonus bonus!!

7. DT’s. McDowell has gobs of potential, but he needs a better player next to him.  I’d like to see more Togiai tbh or Day as opposed to Jackson. He’s done very little this season all things considered.  

• Like 2

1. Chubb

2. Johnson

3. Ward

4 Game plan was evident.

down[

1. Bakers play was terrible; keeping him in his Stepahsnki worst decision and I hope we dont look back at it as what broke Baker

2. Passing game game planning

3. penalties

4. Jamie "I punt when I want to punt." Gillan