Post Game Thoughts. 49ers.

cconocool

33 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

I'd like to see a reporter ask point blank what is wrong with Wyatt Davis

Right now he’s been out/limited with an ankle injury. 

34 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

but he's putting out worse grades than Dozier

He’s not. His SF grade was Dozier-esque, but Udoh’s grades overall have been much higher than what Dozier was doing. Penalties have been what is the biggest issue with Udoh. So far Udoh has committed 12 penalties, while Dozier committed 9 in 16 games last year. In fact, Udoh is 6 penalties away from single handedly matching the penalty count of the entire IOL from last year. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Good luck with that.

Anyways, here are the grades:

Our offense is good and defense is terrible.

Still don’t get these high OL rankings. Can’t run the ball at all, is this to suggest that Cook is simply not good or should be pulled, I know he’d had some ankle issues this year. 

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Still don’t get these high OL rankings. Can’t run the ball at all, is this to suggest that Cook is simply not good or should be pulled, I know he’d had some ankle issues this year. 

PFF did not like Cook or Mattison against SF, especially Cook who they gave a 49 run grade. 

Im looking forward to some of the film breakdown that generally comes out on Wednesday and Thursday from the film geeks on Twitter. I’m guessing it won’t be kind toward Cousins and Cook.

Edited by SemperFeist

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

PFF did not like Cook or Mattison against SF, especially Cook who they gave a 49 run grade. 

What’s the issue? Not hitting the right hole due to physical limitations? Not reading his blocks? It might be a good time just to see what Mattison has and if there is noticeable improvement, maybe you’re forced to shut Cook down. If the OL keeps grading out highly, there shouldn’t be an issue running the ball. 

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

What’s the issue? Not hitting the right hole due to physical limitations? Not reading his blocks? It might be a good time just to see what Mattison has and if there is noticeable improvement, maybe you’re forced to shut Cook down. If the OL keeps grading out highly, there shouldn’t be an issue running the ball. 

There’s a lot of reasons why it might not be working. Design of a play, timing of a play call, etc. 

I don’t know if this ever happened, but for an example, if SF loaded 8/9 guys in the box, each o-lineman could grade out as successful, but there would still be enough defenders to stop the play. 

Edited by SemperFeist

Is there some reason that this team can't adjust? Cook is lined up on the same side as the unblocked lineman. The defense was clearly overloading that side so what was the expected result? Does this come back to Kirk supposedly not being able to change the play or call time-out? Darrisaw clearly saw Omenihu in front of him yet blocked to the inside. A High School defensive end could have made that play.

• Like 1