Christmas movie mafia- bah humbug. Not a Christmas movie wins!

bcb1213

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

This doesnt matter. You didn't deduce that town was given a wincon. You chose to speak on something from a position knowing that you were mafia and you had a chance to blow your cover and thats what happened.

BCB admitted in his PM that he took the blame for the wincon thing not being distributed, but I hope that you see your error in the matter. Its never 100% one persons fault for these situations. I'll take 10% of the blame for you dying. You can take 45% if you want and BCB can have the other 45%. But to say that you made no mistake or didn't screw up is just wrong.

Besides this moment, I can't find a single thing were you screamed mafia to me though, so again I thought you played very well.

Again no, I will take 0% of the blame. My PM had no wincon, you asked for my wincon and I told you what I knew. It wasn't from a position of mafia, town or indy, it was a fact I have no wincon in my PM. You chose incorrectly to assume I lied or that means I'm mafia cause I don't have the town wincon, which it was in reality a host error. You lynched me for the wrong reason but happened to be right. Regardless of alignment I answer the question the same way, for all you knew Bcb forgot to include it, I've done that. It wasn't getting caught or screwing up, and actually at a minimum easily fixed by the host imo, but he chose not to. Is what it is.

Game was fun

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

There were too many things that didn't add up. I laughed so hard when @theuntouchable accused me of not reading the thread because I reread it some many times I could almost quote things verbatim. I was gauging to see if @Whicker would spring to action to try to sway me one way or another, but it never happened. I was genuinely concerned I had doomed a civ by you defending him though.

I was just poking to see what might get stirred up to be honest. You were missing my intention but that wasn’t actually my point. 

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Again no, I will take 0% of the blame. My PM had no wincon, you asked for my wincon and I told you what I knew. It wasn't from a position of mafia, town or indy, it was a fact I have no wincon in my PM. You chose incorrectly to assume I lied or that means I'm mafia cause I don't have the town wincon, which it was in reality a host error. You lynched me for the wrong reason but happened to be right. Regardless of alignment I answer the question the same way, for all you knew Bcb forgot to include it, I've done that. It wasn't getting caught or screwing up, and actually at a minimum easily fixed by the host imo, but he chose not to. Is what it is.

Game was fun

5yqgc5.jpg

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I was just poking to see what might get stirred up to be honest. You were missing my intention but that wasn’t actually my point. 

I figured that out when I stopped overthinking it (and you explained to me what you were actually referencing).

• Like 1

Meh, I’ve seen a host intentionally change someone’s alignment after death because of a dead townie. You’ll be alright.

The wincon pm was already stated in thread so you either glanced over it or didn’t read what I wrote. If you didn’t know what it was, you’re always best off mooching someone else or not answering. You could have typed “I’m not playing the pm game” and it would have sufficed. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Meh, I’ve seen a host intentionally change someone’s alignment after death because of a dead townie. You’ll be alright.

The wincon pm was already stated in thread so you either glanced over it or didn’t read what I wrote. If you didn’t know what it was, you’re always best off mooching someone else or not answering. You could have typed “I’m not playing the pm game” and it would have sufficed. 

I should have just copied you I guess. I thought the truth was more believable lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

"Role Madness games have been known to include unique roles designed by the moderator's whim as well, further increasing the potential for confusion."

Mafia mason.....

Technically, masons aren't by definition both Town. It's just two players who can communicate outside the thread and are not directly informed of each other's alignment by the host.

But that is admittedly a technicality.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

3 people didn't answer. It certainly didn't doom you for not answering. Also you refused to announce your movie title. No one complained when I asked for those. Wouldn't that fit your bill of "not playing the game as intended?"

I'm sorry, there was no rule stating to not do this such thing and insinuating that I cheated or played the game unfairly is not only insulting but flat out wrong. I specifically state in my rules what is and isn't allowed. I am notorious for killing people off for editing posts. I follow the rules.

I never said it was against the rules. I said it was unsportsmanlike. It is 100% against the spirit of the game to use phrasing of role PMs as evidence of alignment.

And no, me refusing to tell you my role name is not the same thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Technically, masons aren't by definition both Town. It's just two players who can communicate outside the thread and are not directly informed of each other's alignment by the host.

But that is admittedly a technicality.

I never said it was against the rules. I said it was unsportsmanlike. It is 100% against the spirit of the game to use phrasing of role PMs as evidence of alignment.

And no, me refusing to tell you my role name is not the same thing.

By definition they are not mafia 

"Masons are a group of players who can speak to each other privately and know that everyone in their group is not a member of the Mafia"

Neighbors are unknown alignment...not sure what you all were told

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Orca said:

By definition they are not mafia 

"Masons are a group of players who can speak to each other privately and know that everyone in their group is not a member of the Mafia"

Ah, you're right, I got mixed up. My mistake!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Yep. I did actually hint at this at one point when I said he was the Wilson to my Tim Taylor (neighbors), since I didn't know his alignment. But honestly, "masons" just seems to be the preferred colloquialism for any pair that can speak out of thread. 

• Like 2