We’re about to find out how good the Cardinals really are

notthatbluestuff

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

They're average and, as figured, the premature anointing of Kyler Murray as a top 5-6 QB because of a short hot streak and fancy fantasy line is proving that gimmicky offenses tailored to hide average QB skills can only take a team so far. 

That's what I was talking to my buddy about a couple of months ago. The Cardinals are extremely talented but Kliff legitimately calls plays like it's Madden IRL and that just doesn't win games late in the season.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That's what I was talking to my buddy about a couple of months ago. The Cardinals are extremely talented but Kliff legitimately calls plays like it's Madden IRL and that just doesn't win games late in the season.

Yep. It works for a bit when people are trying to figure out what it even is that you're doing. 

Then it all starts falling apart once they figure out you have very little idea WTF you're doing. 

Credit to Arizona, because it's still the NFL, but they benefitted from a fairly navigable schedule: Vikings are hot and cold, Jacksonville is really bad, the 49ers are hot and cold, the Browns are hot and cold, the Texans are bad, the Seahawks are bad, and the Bears are bad. There's 7 of their 10 wins, 4 of which came against teams currently projected to pick 1, 3, 5, and 7. The Browns may very well finish with a losing record and top 10 pick. The 49ers will likely finish 1 game above .500. That leaves the Rams game early on on week 4 as the only real "good" win they've had. 

They "look" like a 7 win team at best to me. Kliff, imo, is lucky to be seeing 2022.