We’re about to find out how good the Cardinals really are

notthatbluestuff

DeAndre Hopkins is supposedly out for the rest of the regular season. Cards play the Colts, Cowboys and Seahawks down the stretch. 

More importantly though, they need him for the playoffs. They hope to get him back in time, but who knows how healthy he’ll be. 

Do you see the Cards still as legitimate favorites, or are cracks starting to appear? 

These last four games is going to really show who the Cards are. They need to hold on to the the division bc if they dont win it I think that will be more demoralizing than last year's collapse and not making the playoffs. I do think they legit have a chance too in losing the division lead. I can see the Rams winning out or at the very least going (3-1). It wouldnt shock me if the Cards lost to the Colts, Cowboys, and Seahawks. The reason is bc no Hopkins, Conner is hurt, Edmunds is trying to get back, and many feel like Murray still isnt fully right. Now do I think the Cards will fully collapse? No, but this is why people think less of Kingsbury. He hasnt won on any level. This is the time for him to step up and start to winning bc nobody will remember what he did in September, October, or November. People remember what he does after Thanksgiving when the pressure is high and the stakes are high. Last night was a huge game and the Rams came in very short handed and dominated that game. The score wasnt an indication of how dominant the Rams were over the Cards in Arizona. That had alot to do with McVay just proving once again he is miles and miles away a better coach than Kingsbury. In the same way in another big spot at home the Cards faced a very short-handed Packers team and LaFleur showed he was miles and miles away a better coach than Kingsbury. Its just Kingsbury didnt get buried too much bc people said that if Green didnt make a blunder the Cards win. This game against the Rams Kingsbury couldnt use no excuse why the Cards lost that game. 

The stakes and pressure is at a all-time high and the Rams are right there nip and tuck for the division, lets see if the Kingsbury and the Cards will rise up or collapse. They will obviously make the playoffs whether its a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 seed. The question is, will they be a one and done team or can make a serious run once they get in? They have the talent. For everyone knocking the Rams depth, the Rams showed last night they have guys that can step up with some of their starters are out. Their top stars showed when they are at their best nobody can beat them even if they lost multiple starters hours before the game. Now lets see if the Cards can do the same with the loss of Hopkins, possibly Conner, and then Murray maybe still being hurt and Edmunds coming back from injury.  

Honestly, I'm not sure losing Hop is that big of a deal. He's pretty meh this year and they haven't leaned on him hardly at all. He's had two games with 80 yards and 0 above 90, I think. They were so successful because they were spreading the ball around so much. This likely just means we see more of Rondale Moore. 

I do agree that this stretch is a bit of a gauntlet where we will learn a lot about them, but truthfully the Hopkins thing just doesn't move the needle for me at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'm not sure losing Hop is that big of a deal. He's pretty meh this year and they haven't leaned on him hardly at all. He's had two games with 80 yards and 0 above 90, I think. They were so successful because they were spreading the ball around so much. This likely just means we see more of Rondale Moore. 

I do agree that this stretch is a bit of a gauntlet where we will learn a lot about them, but truthfully the Hopkins thing just doesn't move the needle for me at all. 

Good test to see if Murray and Kingsbury can win games down the stretch without Hopkins.  

Agree that Hopkins has been subpar in 2021 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

DeAndre Hopkins is supposedly out for the rest of the regular season. Cards play the Colts, Cowboys and Seahawks down the stretch. 

More importantly though, they need him for the playoffs. They hope to get him back in time, but who knows how healthy he’ll be. 

Do you see the Cards still as legitimate favorites, or are cracks starting to appear? 

you should replace Seattle w/ Detroit if you're looking at their toughest 3 remaining games

Man some of you guys are so quick to overreact. The Cardinals will be sitting at 11-3 after this week with a top 5 offense and defense. Their 3 losses have come against the Packers in a game they would've won if AJ Green turned around on the final play, the Panthers without basically their entire offense playing, and in an extremely close game against the Rams in a must win situation for the Rams. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Hopkins hasn't even had 100 yards in a game this season.

So what? I'd be willing to bet majority of the time, Defenses are rolling coverages his direction. Him being on the field has an impact for that offense. Him not on the field, will as well.