DP8017's Initial mock of the season (Part Deux)

Dawgpoun8017

Ok, so this year hasn't exactly gone as planned due to several reasons injuries, COVID, just plain underperformance, thankfully we are not completely out of it and could still win the division.  that being said I do feel like we have some bright spots, and legitimate talent on this team and can bring things together. This imo is how we can get better, I think most of you will like it .....

ca09f990-f32f-4850-83e7-a7f9df75eeb3_tex

Free Agency

Let Walk

Austin Hooper- TE

Jarvis Landry- WR

Case Keenum- QB

Rashard Higgins- WR

Malik Jackson- DT

Re-Sign

Malik McDowell- DT

Jadeveon Clowney- DE

David Njoku- TE

Extend Denzel Ward- CB

Sign

Akiem Hicks- DT

akiem-hicks-chicago-bears-USATSI-1678770

Michael Badgley- K

5b043608-0ae9-406a-b3ce-b43ca4030a30-101

1.) Garrett Wilson- WR- Ohio State

EuchEBiUYAMp-zl.jpg

2. Henry To'o To'o- LB - Alabama

092521_MFB_ToOtoOHe_Southern_Miss_KG1092

3.) Justyn Ross- WR-Clemson

Justyn-Ross-Clemson.jpg

* TRADE- two 4th round picks this year and a conditional pick next year*

3.) Daniel Faalele- RT- Minnesota

9431015-1000x600.jpg

5.) Haskell Garrett- DT- Ohio State

Y4NKZXN2KZD3DF2DNYRFQU434E.jpg

6.) Xavier Thomas- DE- Clemson

GettyImages-1079277282-e1596810776878.jp

7.) JT Daniels- QB-Georgia

USATSI_15223133.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Edited by Dawgpoun8017
  • Like 3

@Dawgpoun8017this would be a sexy draft. I'm still grieving over my sleeper being talked about as first WR off the board now. Do you have him over Wilson? I have Wilson #1 but not sure if you had fun already gone in your mock. I think Williams runs low 4.3s and Wilson high 4.3s, possibly Williams being first off the board. 

Can Bell separate? If so, hell outplay his draft position methinks.

Garrett makes sense on several levels but is a 5th year senior so I doubt he's even on our board fwiw. 

I like all your picks tbh.

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

@Dawgpoun8017this would be a sexy draft. I'm still grieving over my sleeper being talked about as first WR off the board now. Do you have him over Wilson? I have Wilson #1 but not sure if you had fun already gone in your mock. I think Williams runs low 4.3s and Wilson high 4.3s, possibly Williams being first off the board. 

Can Bell separate? If so, hell outplay his draft position methinks.

Garrett makes sense on several levels but is a 5th year senior so I doubt he's even on our board fwiw. 

I like all your picks tbh.

Yea I have Wilson as my #1 WR, but I also think it is possible that should Williams test well I think he could be come the #1 WR, I honestly would be ok with any form of Wilson, or Williams with our first pick.  Bell i think can separate, kind of reminds me in some ways of Rashod Bateman, I think Bell is a superior route runner, who can run any route in the tree, and has very good hands

• Like 1

Outstanding!

I would resign Malik Jackson

Ward extension has to be realistic as he is injury prone so maybe we trade for 2 pick which we would use for CB

Bell has to be the real deal as we can get a FA at WR and use this pick for potential starter at DT/DE

3 hours ago, #32 said:

Outstanding!

I would resign Malik Jackson

Ward extension has to be realistic as he is injury prone so maybe we trade for 2 pick which we would use for CB

Bell has to be the real deal as we can get a FA at WR and use this pick for potential starter at DT/DE

Corners like Denzel don’t just grown on trees, yea you have to deal with some injuries here and there but that’s the nfl people get hurt, you don’t see a ton of guys going injury free anymore especially at positions like corner, but when Denzel is healthy he is arguably a top 5 corner in the nfl, I basically replaced Jackson with akiem Hicks, with the exception of someone like Michael Gallup there’s not a lot in the feee agent WR box, Davante Adam’s isn’t coming here, mike Williams I think is going to cost too much money, Godwin is coming of an ACL tear this week and even if healthy I doubt would come here, th only other real option I see would be a cristian Kirk, I’m not looking for a starter at DE as we resigned Clowney and would be fine with hicks and McDowell at DT, and Sheldon Day has played very well when given snaps 

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love most of this. Not sure we look at an OL who’s that big with a lot of our scheme being zone based, but other than that, I really like it.

The first two picks are exactly what we need.  I’d probably keep/cut the same dudes.  Well done.

Faalele is a big lineman but he moves very well for a man of almost 400 Lbs

@Dawgpoun8017, solid draft overall. I like everyone but the LB and would hope another top LB is there. I just don't think he's worth that high a pick, maybe more like a late third. Also, Garrett is solid but it's a 5th year senior so probably off our board as a guy not expected to start year one. This is a drop DT draft, though, IMO, so maybe there are other guys at DT around there? Or maybe someone like Winfrey in the second and LB in the third if you have no DT value available in the second(?) 🤔