LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Could we do that? Yes. Should we do that? Hell no. Hendon Hooker just tore his ACL, is already 24 years old (will be 25 before the NFL season), and plays in a gimmicky system. Anthony Richardson is not remotely ready to be a NFL starting QB and may never be. Tanner McKee isn't playing particularly well this year.

I'd rather take my shot on a reclamation project (Baker Mayfield, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Jameis Winston, etc.) and go after a QB with our 2024 first if it doesn't pan out than trade our 2024 first for a project QB. If we keep sucking, we'll be picking near the top of the second anyways.

I'd go with Mac Jones out of those 4 ugly choices. Sam Darnold interests me as well.

If Stafford retires (which I don't think will happen) it will put us in a weird timeline. We know McVay isn't sticking around forever so it would seem weird to go into a rebuild but I think that would have to be the choice. And in a rebuild, you cannot trade future 1sts unless it is for a good QB prospect. The only guys in this class that would fit that bill are Stroud and Young and we certainly don't have enough ammo to get into range for those guys.

Man at this point I’m genuinely curious how the rest of the year and off-season will go as well as what in the world is going on inside that locker room. This is actually wild 😂 

Safe to say OBJ is DEFINITELY not coming back lol welp, meeting him and his fam was cool at least. Would have been cool to have him back. He became one of my favorite players very quickly

Darrell Henderson shared the image below on his IG story. The tank is on. We need to sit AD, Ramsey, possibly Floyd. Just get out of the season with the rest of our team intact and get the 2nd round pick as close to a first as possible. What's done is done, no reason to compound the pain. Kroenke will pay out most performance bonuses out of his pocket after getting his ring in LA of all places.

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Darrell Henderson shared the image below on his IG story. The tank is on. We need to sit AD, Ramsey, possibly Floyd. Just get out of the season with the rest of our team intact and get the 2nd round pick as close to a first as possible. What's done is done, no reason to compound the pain. Kroenke will pay out most performance bonuses out of his pocket after getting his ring in LA of all places.

Tanking this year makes absolutely no sense at all we don't have our 1st round pick so what's the purpose of tanking right now? We have a stupid amount of OL injuries. Our QB is also getting injured as a result. We can't run the ball and we have/had two RB who both think they should be the main guy getting all the carries and it seems that McVay saw what that did to Gurley though he was damaged goods when McVay took over the Rams. We have ignored the OL and CB rooms in the draft until this past year with CB and aside from Havenstein and Ramsey there is questionable or always hurt players there. We've traded away so many 1st round picks that we're a very top heavy team though that also helped us to win the SB.

I'm not complaining about how the team was built at all but there are, as has been said, consequences to those choices and we're living them now. That's not even counting that every year we've had a coordinator and/or a half dozen coaches pilfered too. We're not tanking we're being abused by injuries and our own roster building philosophy.

It's also comical to me the notion that Hendo who has never been able to stay healthy is a RB who deserves to be the guy an offense focuses on. He's been a good role player on offense but I cannot imagine him being RB1 for anybody. This release was reportedly at his own request because he wasn't getting the bulk of the carries. I say it with everybody that leaves the Rams, best of luck to you except if you play the Rams.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:37 PM, jrry32 said:

Well, @BStanRamFan, you're getting what you want with Bryce Perkins. He'll be starting against KC.

Not a starting QB in the league, but had a few moments. Now give me Darnold next season when Stafford retires so McVay can really show off what he can do with a QB. And if not, we have a 1st round pick for a change in 2024. 

16 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Not a starting QB in the league, but had a few moments. Now give me Darnold next season when Stafford retires so McVay can really show off what he can do with a QB. And if not, we have a 1st round pick for a change in 2024. 

If you want Darnold, you can watch the XFL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Sam Darnold will be on an NFL roster next season. That was a great joke though. 

He will be. But if we're looking for a reclamation project, a former top 5 pick who started for four years and never once came close to being even below average doesn't excite me. Of course, the questions will be cost and whether Stafford is back. If Stafford is back and Darnold costs next to nothing, fine.

Edited by jrry32

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He will be. But if we're looking for a reclamation project, a former top 5 pick who started for four years and never once came close to being even below average doesn't excite me. Of course, the questions will be cost and whether Stafford is back. If Stafford is back and Darnold costs next to nothing, fine.

That’s how I feel too. If he costs next to nothing then fine, but even then I’d still want him only as a backup. LA has a small window still with the core players.. I’d love to be able to contend again before they’re gone