LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Dude tore his achilles in July and is designated now to return. Just amazing turn around and rehab.

It’s insane. Honestly I didn’t know it was possible to come back from that so fast. That’s crazier than an ACL lol

20 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Dude tore his achilles in July and is designated now to return. Just amazing turn around and rehab.

True.  Though this kind of reinforces a sentiment I was speculating on back when the injury initially occurred; specifically surrounding the language involved in the reporting.  There is a notable difference between "tear" and "rupture" in medical jargon and yet because of the similar manner in which media tends to report them (and who knows that may be a result of limited information actually given to them), a lot of fans tend to conflate the two together and treat expectations of a tear (which can be incredibly variant in size and severity; sprains are technically micro-tears of muscles/ligaments) with that of a rupture (or a complete tear).  Akers able to potentially make this speedy of a recovery suggests it was definitely the former (tear) and definitely not a rupture (which I'd be surprised if he wouldn't still be in a walking boot - if able to be ambulatory on the leg at all - this far removed from the injury.

• Like 1

Im so happy about this news. When I found out he got hurt in the offseason I was so devastated bc I knew he was going to have the type of season that we are seeing from Taylor of the Colts. I knew Akers was going to firmly cement himself as a top 5 back. I think him coming back is huge bc now he will put the league on notice as a threat with fresh legs to come in and literally run through the playoffs. McVay has no choice now but to run run run. Now it will depend on how they work him back in? Does he play one or two games before the playoffs? Will he just practice and then his first game back will be in the playoffs? How will the playoff picture look heading into Week 18 thus having McVay decide whether to play his starters or not? A possible scenario is for the Rams is that they beat the Vikings and the Ravens and at the same time the Cards continue their collapse by losing to the Colts and Cowboys. As a result the Rams clinch the NFCW and in Week 18 assuming the Packers already locked up the 1 seed that McVay will rest his starters. Now McVay could still send Akers out there for a quarter or a half to get his feet under him. Then the playoffs come he will be ready and so will the Rams team as a whole. But regardless, Im so happy to have Akers back bc he could literally do in the playoffs what Fournette did in the playoffs for the Bucs last season.  

Sucks to be without Whit but I dont think the Rams lost a game when Whit had to miss. Its unbelievable in the same way the Packers never lost a game when ARod didnt have Adams to throw too bc Adams missed the game. Now I hope Noteboom can be back but if not then hopefully the Rams can make due with Havenstein and Evans at tackle. The Vikings defense isnt dominant but they do still have some nice pieces and Zimmer can still do some things on defense to make it play really well in games Plus its on the road in Minnesota. Its going to be even tougher but thankfully we have Stafford who has played the Vikings tons of times and while his W/L record hasnt been great he has overall nice numbers against them. If he put up nice numbers against them again I do think the Rams can still win this game.