GDT: Texans vs . Bolts

jch1911

1 minute ago, tab said:

I was telling my husband that we had like a bunch of guys on Covid IR and he said it must be all our bad players lmao

10 starters out today.... we had players who signed like 2 days ago playing meaningful snaps

And these players were off the street... not recent cuts by another team

4 hours ago, Marco79 said:

Interested to see how Mills handles not having Cooks out there. 

Really impressive game from Mills considering he was down his number 1 option and behind a makeshift offensive line. I’m glad TK opened the playbook and allowed him to push the ball down the field — and it worked out well, I don’t know why he had to wait so long to do it. 

I was against the pick, but with no top QB talent in 2022, it really looks pretty good now. I think he throws such a nice looking/catchable ball and can be relied on to at least be a game manager in 2022. The Texans can focus on getting more talent on defense and building a better offense around Mills (not saying Mills is the long term solution or anything, but he should be QB1 2022).

Also, nice to see good games from Brevin and Nico this week too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LORK88 said:

Not watching, but curious if Mills is playing as well as the stats show. 

You know I'm a pessimist in this current era of the Texans...

But, I think it's fair to say that Davis Mills is the starter coming into next season and the team can forgo drafting a QB with a pick in the top 64. If there is a high upside guy available in rounds 3-7, it never hurts to look - but QB is not a pressing need right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

You know I'm a pessimist in this current era of the Texans...

But, I think it's fair to say that Davis Mills is the starter coming into next season and the team can forgo drafting a QB with a pick in the top 64. If there is a high upside guy available in rounds 3-7, it never hurts to look - but QB is not a pressing need right now.

That's what I was hoping for. I saw we got a pick 6 and somehow we had a running game, but based on stats it looks like he was allowed to push the ball downfield and did a great job of protecting it. This is why I was cautiously optimistic on Mills in the draft. Lack of experience is a wild card versus Kellen Mond who started 4 years and you know who he is. I'm cautiously optimistic that Mills can be our version of Kirk Cousins: a solid top 10-15 QB who won't win you a ton of games with heroics, but does a great job managing and consistently keeping you in the game. 

I just really hope we trade DW4 this offseason and get some additional picks. I really want to snag a day 2 RB, We haven't had a solid #1 RB since the Arian Foster days.