Jaguars to retain GM Trent Baalke

.Buzz

13 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

So I guess it’s Pederson/Baalke or any other candidate with a new GM? 

I’m still skeptical there. I think Pederson just likes Lawrence a lot and would be willing to keep him if need be.

Just hard to believe a veteran/long time NFL guy would be pro-Baalke based on reports.

But like...why tho?

He scares HC candidates off like it's his job, because of the **** he had with Harbaugh.  He's never really been particularly great at drafting, and his first draft here is looking like a mixed bag at best.  He's never really been good at managing the cap situation (not that this is a really pressing issue for the Jaguars right now), and it's not like he's got some magic wand to make players want to sign here.

Like what actually is good about Baalke?

This just feels like the whole refusal to fire Gus and Dave things all over again.  It seems like Shahid is extremely susceptible to falling for a "smooth talker" who says all the right things, and overly loyal to people even in the face of abject incompetence.

Or is it that he just doesn't actually care enough?  He wants the football team run quietly, like a division of his other companies?  It's been a continuing pattern with him.  Making absolutely ghastly mistakes with the hiring to "run" his Football Team.