BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You mean like 3rd team Burks? 

Opening day he will be first team. I’ve seen this song and dance before. Journey back with me to Justin Jefferson’s rookie training camp. It’s not the exact same story or “third team” situation but let’s wait before jumping to conclusions on guys. I had to learn this too. If anything the receiver that gets the most pub for struggling the last two seasons has been the best rookie receiver at the end of the season. Let’s see if it’s three years in a row. 

Of the noteworthy first-round wideouts this year, Justin Jefferson of the Minnesota Vikings may have the hardest time making an immediate impact. 

Jefferson missed nearly the first two weeks of camp on the reserve/COVID-19 list and has since looked like the third option at wideout for quarterback Kirk Cousins behind Adam Thielen and Olabisi Johnson.

The Athletic's Chad Graff noted the following: "Meanwhile, while Jefferson is capable of spectacular plays, he hasn't shined against the second-team defense quite as much as you'd expect. His future is still plenty bright." 

It's problematic that in the rush to replace Stefon Diggs, Jefferson hasn't separated from Johnson. And given Minnesota's love for two-tight-end sets, he could see fewer snaps than anticipated as a rookie, especially early in the season. 

Granted, this doesn't mean Jefferson will remain the third option for long. But he could have a slow start. 

15 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Opening day he will be first team. I’ve seen this song and dance before. Journey back with me to Justin Jefferson’s rookie training camp. It’s not the exact same story or “third team” situation but let’s wait before jumping to conclusions on guys. I had to learn this too. If anything the receiver that gets the most pub for struggling the last two seasons has been the best rookie receiver at the end of the season. Let’s see if it’s three years in a row. 

Of the noteworthy first-round wideouts this year, Justin Jefferson of the Minnesota Vikings may have the hardest time making an immediate impact. 

Jefferson missed nearly the first two weeks of camp on the reserve/COVID-19 list and has since looked like the third option at wideout for quarterback Kirk Cousins behind Adam Thielen and Olabisi Johnson.

The Athletic's Chad Graff noted the following: "Meanwhile, while Jefferson is capable of spectacular plays, he hasn't shined against the second-team defense quite as much as you'd expect. His future is still plenty bright." 

It's problematic that in the rush to replace Stefon Diggs, Jefferson hasn't separated from Johnson. And given Minnesota's love for two-tight-end sets, he could see fewer snaps than anticipated as a rookie, especially early in the season. 

Granted, this doesn't mean Jefferson will remain the third option for long. But he could have a slow start. 

But you just told me all 1st rounders are starters, so which is it? 

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

But you just told me all 1st rounders are starters, so which is it? 

No I didn’t. I asked you what did you expect when they drafted him in the first round? Don’t put words in my mouth or simply just learn how to read. I genuinely want to know. Were you expecting him to be a third stringer? If not it doesn’t seem like the gif paired with the tweet fits.